PDA

View Full Version : Abstract with Feathers and Carpet by Kizzy

angieh
12-07-2009, 12:19 PM
(A slightly different interpretation of Your Cats Pictures - rather Your Cat's Pictures ..... ) :lol:

Kizzy wanted to show you a photographic representation of her recent installation .... she has decisions to make about the best way to frame and hang her art and needs your assistance.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/angieh_bucket/Kizzi%20cat/P1020084.jpg
Portrait with a silver frame which does not distract from the image ......... or

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/angieh_bucket/Kizzi%20cat/P1020085.jpg
Landscape with a modern bold approach ..... ?

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc44/angieh_bucket/Kizzi%20cat/P1020086.jpg

The artist herself having a rest after her creativity (in the night!)

She would particularly like to hear Yola's opinion as I told her that
Yola was going to Tate Modern with her boys yesterday!!!

dinahsmum
12-07-2009, 03:09 PM
:):):)

Very good!

I had a much larger piece on my bedroom floor last night when I went to bed, along with an accent spot of deep carmine :roll: Little s*d - how did he sneak that past me and dispose of it without me seeing. It was such a grotty day I never went out.

angieh
12-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Yes, these artists do their work so silently .....

Kizzy did go out several times yesterday and got soaked each time - I gathered it is because she likes the mum will dry me off game!

dandysmom
12-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Angie, tell Kizzy definitely the silver frame! It accents the spareness and poignancy of the image beautifully! Such talent in one so young; we may see her work in the Tate one day! (I have seen for worse in galleries!) :-D

calismum
12-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Being a country girl I like the landscape ;) (the artist is also v nice!!)

She will surely be the first cat to be exhibited at the TM!

yola
12-07-2009, 08:27 PM
LOL!! I would definitely say the latter (landscape) interpretation. The black frame is also a suitable reinforcement of the strong statement which Kizzy is trying to communicate via her rather sombre and dare I say it, shyly boastful, still life.

;) ;) ;)

dandysmom
12-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Oh, I must respectfully disagree with my esteemed friend and fellow critic Yola. I interpret the first image as a subtle reminder of the transistory nature of fame and glory reduced to a pitiful remnant of what once existed. The feathers bring a clever allusion to Icarian soaring to the heavens, and the tragic resulting failure, Sic transit gloria mundi!

angieh
12-07-2009, 08:47 PM
I will try and explain the pros and cons to Kizzy - she's asleep atm in preparation for more hunting tonight I shouldn't be surprised. It's amazing but I'm finding feathers in the unlikeliest places still!

Leesy
13-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Please tell Kizzy that those pics are fantastic Angie, she just needs a few more and she will have a fabulous collection there;) , that she will beable to put in an exibition.

angieh
13-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Last night's effort had completely vanished this morning - good thing too. Not nice viewing!

pookyandjo
13-07-2009, 01:02 PM
great work... dont be too hard on her... remember what happened to Van Gogh... keep sharp things away from her...;)

Gumby Cat
13-07-2009, 06:04 PM
Very clever!

Er - what happened to the owner of the feathers? - or is it better not to ask?! :roll:

angieh
13-07-2009, 06:35 PM
It definitely became a little snackette, I'm afraid Gumby Cat.