PDA

View Full Version : Pet stroller

pcspik
11-07-2009, 05:56 PM
This may seem a daft question, but does anyone have one for their cats, and use it?

Elaine
11-07-2009, 08:11 PM
No but I have thought about it on many occasions.
Are you thinking of getting one?

pcspik
11-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Yes, as both my cats are FIV positive. So they cannot go out loose and I thought it this would be a better way to enrich their lives. Also it means that they would be able to go out without being in direct contact with non FIV cats.

But I know that I would get some very daft looks!

calismum
11-07-2009, 08:30 PM
A neighbour of my Mum has one for her elderly arthritic dog.

She sarts off a walk with him on the lead and once he gets out of puff or sore she pops him in the stroller, continues the walk and then comes home.

He seems to enjoy it as she gets stopped a lot by people asking why. So DInky gets lots of cuddles!

pcspik
11-07-2009, 08:44 PM
A neighbour of my Mum has one for her elderly arthritic dog.

Most of them for sale are on dog websites, though there is no reason why they cannot be used for cats.

I noticed that they come up mainly in the ebay dog section and the second hand ones seem to be from dog owners who had dogs with either heart or arthritic problems.

But I have not seen anyone admitting they have used it for their cat. I guess because people generally let their cats out unaccompanied, but with my two it is not an option.

At the end of the day, because they are housecats, I just want to give them something new in their lives, and as I cannot build a pen, this is next option.

I just found this interesting blog post

http://cat-chitchat.pictures-of-cats.org/2008/08/cat-stroller.html

dandysmom
11-07-2009, 08:45 PM
I've seen them, but am almost 100% certain Leia would hate it!

You get a lot of weird looks when you walk a harness trained cat also! But I've also met some nice people that way.

pinklizzy
11-07-2009, 09:47 PM
I've often thought of getting one for Kindly, I don't think Imogen would be very impressed by it though!

pcspik
14-08-2009, 07:25 PM
I have bought one, but I have yet to receive it as I only paid for it today.

There is a park at the bottom of the next road which I plan to take them out when I get the courage to do so. I will update this thread when I have used it.

If anyone else has used one in the meantime please reply!

angieh
14-08-2009, 07:53 PM
I hope your two enjoy their outings pcspik.

pcspik
14-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Thanks. Pickle has been trying to escape lately (it's normally Tigger, who is the one who is fond of trying to get outside) but fortunately I live in a block of flats, so he has only gone into the communal corridor, of which I have been able to chase him back into my flat.

If they take to it, then they will have something new and interesting in their life and I am on a diet at the moment, so hopefully I shall lose some more weight.

I plan to start it with very short walks initially, and then work it up so that they get an hour in the buggy.

angieh
14-08-2009, 08:02 PM
Will you take them out together?

dandysmom
14-08-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm awaiting the results with great interest! You are taking them singly, aren't you?

dandysmom
14-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Great minds, Angie! I brought that up because walking two cats on harnesses at the same time does not work! Been there, done that! So I can easily visualize problems in the stroller..:roll:

angieh
14-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I am finding it hard to visualise a stroller, DM.

pcspik
14-08-2009, 08:08 PM
Initially I will be taking them out on their own, but if they seem ok with each other then I will take them together. If I find that they prefer it on their own, then I will take them out in the buggy seperately. So really it is up to them. But the entrance to the park is not that far away really so if I find that they hate each other then I can quickly take them home (and thankfully I live in a ground floor flat so I dont have to carry the buggy up the stairs).

dandysmom
14-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Initially I will be taking them out on their own, but if they seem ok with each other then I will take them together. If I find that they prefer it on their own, then I will take them out in the buggy seperately. So really it is up to them. But the entrance to the park is not that far away really so if I find that they hate each other then I can quickly take them home (and thankfully I live in a ground floor flat so I dont have to carry the buggy up the stairs).

Sounds as if you have a well laid plan! :D