PDA

View Full Version : Spam email

Phoenix
07-07-2009, 09:29 PM
I found out that someone's hacking into email accounts and sending out spam emails!

This is the content (taking out the links)

Hey ,friend
I find a site to sell electronic products with very good price. Laptop ,iPhone even Motorcycle are very popular .their products are original quality with very low price as wholesale business supplier.They also can do retail business for end user now. maybe it is fit for your business . if you like you can contact them :

If you recieve the email, don't click on the links I suspect it's a virus or something nasty :evil:

Just to give you all a heads up! Change your passwords!!!

dandysmom
07-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the warning. There was an item in the paper yesterday that a nasty virus going around was targeting Microsoft Explorer users....is that what you have, RCR?

Phoenix
07-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the warning. There was an item in the paper yesterday that a nasty virus going around was targeting Microsoft Explorer users....is that what you have, RCR?

I don't think I've got a virus (didn't click on the link and nor am I going to!) All I know is it's an email going round so I thought I'd warn Catsey users!

We have got microsoft explorer.

Phoenix
08-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Bumping this up so more people see it! ;)

HappyKatz
08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
I got that e-mail & I thought it looked suspicious :shock: They made it look like it came from a friend. The subject line was re hi like I sent the friend an e-mail first. They are sneaky! I changed all my passwords just in case :) Its a very nasty virus - you end up "sharing" your account with the spammer. Be careful of those e-mails...

Phoenix
08-07-2009, 03:28 PM
I changed my password last night HK :shock: :evil:

yola
08-07-2009, 03:31 PM
I would suggest for those that don't already have it, some kind of security software such as Norton or Kaspersky. This, if kept up to date will catch most nasties and quarantine them.

Phoenix
09-07-2009, 08:32 PM
I think the link leads to a virus yola - the email is sent out by someone who hacks into email accounts :evil: