Erin
07-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Ive just put it on Kazz, pretty scarey this one :lol: :lol:

Mags
07-07-2009, 09:14 PM
I'm not watching it...:)

Moli
07-07-2009, 09:15 PM
I watched it lastnight for thr first time, must admit its really good, now I know what is going on!:roll:

angieh
07-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I'm glued to it! And recording it too just in case I miss or can't watch it. Very scary!

Hope they have scary aliens to go with it...............

Luke
07-07-2009, 11:30 PM
So far its been amazing!
The sci fi geek in my is a bit of a torchwood obsessive!

Kazz
08-07-2009, 07:07 PM
They are here...........spooky eh never watched Torchwood before how come that Captain Jack can't die.....I first saw him I think or torchwood in Dr Who attack of the Darleks....

angieh
08-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Well, I might be wrong, but at the end of the 9th Dr Who series Rose Tyler used the power of the Tardis to defeat the Daleks and although not meaning to the power resurrected Jack Harkness. There had been some backward time travel so he was already immortal in the episodes during WW2 when he saved Rose's life.

Moli
08-07-2009, 08:27 PM
I have been told Jack is the face of Bo in Dr Who....

angieh
08-07-2009, 09:15 PM
I have read both that that is true Moli and also that it is false!!!

CathyW
08-07-2009, 09:33 PM
cpt jack, oh scrummy. so sad and a waste to womanhood that hes gay :(
oh and yep im watching it :)

Moli
08-07-2009, 10:31 PM
Watched it tonight, and am totally confused!!

Kazz
08-07-2009, 10:40 PM
I missed it tonight.......I can't believe it...arghhhhhh.........I was out.
I tried to get back and failed....arghhhhh....................and forgot to record agghhhh............so as you can figure I am ARGHHHHHHHH

Moli
08-07-2009, 10:46 PM
I tried to get back and failed....arghhhhh....................and forgot to record agghhhh............so as you can figure I am ARGHHHHHHHH
Darn it, I though you had watched it Kazz, and could explain to dumb me what the heck was going on!!!:roll:

Mags
08-07-2009, 10:48 PM

Kazz, you can watch it here on iPlayer;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00lnmm1/Torchwood_Children_of_Earth_Day_Three/

angieh
08-07-2009, 10:49 PM
so what's confusing you then????

PoshPuss
09-07-2009, 03:42 PM
OK, for Moli and others, Capt Jack is a fixed point in time and space therefore eternal and he cannot be killed... except, he becomes the Face of Bo ( dunno how) and Bo dies eventually, so he does die in the far flung future. Torchwood was set up by Queen Victoria in the 1880's to fight aliens and protect Earth. They are based in Cardiff Bay, at the site of a rift in the time/space continuum.. honest, I 've been there! :D

Anyway, in Torchwood, Capt Jack is still gorgeously eternal, and with Gwen and Ianto are the only surviving members of the original Torchwood team, Owen and japanese scientist lady (forget name:oops:) both killed off end of series two.

This time around, the 465 (aliens) have reconnected with Britain, having landed here in 1965 and obviously hushed up by the UK Govt. Now they are back and want 10% of Earth's kids. Capt Jack was privvy to the landings of 1965 and 'involved ' in previous deal with them, therefore Govt wanted him killed off. One survivor from 1965 (old mad man) recognised Jack as being a govt agent at that time... bad looks from rest of team... did Jack send kids into alien hands back then ??
subplots: Gwen is pregnant. Ianto has 'come out' to his family& is desperate for Jack to reciprocate his love for him.
The Govt has put Frobisher, a civil servant, on the front line coz he's expendable. An insider in Frobisher's office is helping Torchwood from the inside, Lois, is using Torchwood technology (contact lenses) to be their eyes at the negotiations with the 465.

I'm a bit of a fan of John Barrowman :-D, and it's just as well he's gay coz I'd be bashing his door down, and he lives near to me! :lol:

Moli
09-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks PP, that explains it perfectly.....Why are all ther gorgeous one gay!!

angieh
09-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Excellent resume, PP - it's so clear isn't it?

Just to add - Capt Jack has a daughter and a grandson. His grandson thinks Jack is his uncle. Was one of the other people who have been executed by the govt. (and were involved in the giving up of children to the 456 in 60's) Jack's wife/lover? My OH thinks that the same woman looks very like the govt. hit-woman, but that could be a red herring.

PoshPuss
09-07-2009, 06:10 PM
I think there is a hint that the hit-woman knows Jack from before..... mmmm, keep ya guessing, but I loves it! :-D oh, and I think Ianto is a hunk too, and he's NOT gay in RL! :D

Kazz
09-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Yes I kinda figured most of that I think was an excellent offshott from Dr Who, wasn't sure how he was eternal so to speak was not someone from the first few series called Tosh? or am I wrong

angieh
09-07-2009, 06:23 PM
Tosh was the Torchwood scientist of Japanese origin. Some very shady recruitment went on - I think she went to Torchwood to save her mother ....... everything, even the goodies nowadays are various shades of grey. She died at the end of the last Torchwood series.

angieh
09-07-2009, 08:31 PM
TORCHWOOD is on in less than 30 mins fans!!!

Kazz
09-07-2009, 09:04 PM
Its HERE........................:)

Kazz
09-07-2009, 09:18 PM
I wish they weren't its SCARY eh? where is the Doctor?

Moli
09-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Just what I was thinking Kazz, he would sort them all out!!!

Kazz
09-07-2009, 09:29 PM
There is a species 8472 in Star Trek Voyager

Moli
09-07-2009, 09:59 PM
There is a species 8472 in Star Trek Voyager
That was so sad..................:(

Kazz
09-07-2009, 10:01 PM
The way they piced the 10% cant wait till tomorrow now.......yet in a way I don't want it too come.

Moli
09-07-2009, 10:04 PM
The way they piced the 10% cant wait till tomorrow now.......yet in a way I don't want it too come.
Captain Jack will save the day Kazz;) Its certainly a brilliant series....

Kazz
09-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Captain Jack will save the day Kazz;) Its certainly a brilliant series....

Maybe the human race will save itself..........

angieh
09-07-2009, 10:18 PM
A lot is going to have to be resolved tomorrow - no Friday night down the pub .............................

PoshPuss
10-07-2009, 12:46 PM
Well, it's going to be a cliffhanger again. Can't believe they killed off Ianto :shock:... wanted Jack to do a Superman style reversal of time thing!
Will Jack save the world or do we all succumb to the 456 (or the 465 as I said yesterday :oops:)... will Gwen see her baby born?
Lots of political points made by the Govt and the 456; humanity's lack of concern for the millions of kids in 3rd world who die; sending the 'duller' kids off to be sacrificed etc. yep, not shy of controversy.
Good watercooler talk, as they say! ;)

Kazz
10-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Well, it's going to be a cliffhanger again. Can't believe they killed off Ianto :shock:... wanted Jack to do a Superman style reversal of time thing!
Will Jack save the world or do we all succumb to the 456 (or the 465 as I said yesterday :oops:)... will Gwen see her baby born?
Lots of political points made by the Govt and the 456; humanity's lack of concern for the millions of kids in 3rd world who die; sending the 'duller' kids off to be sacrificed etc. yep, not shy of controversy.
Good watercooler talk, as they say! ;)
Yes totaly agree with everything you have said the way they picked the children..........scary but you know what it kinda rang like it would be the way they would decide......:shock: .................. almost needs the Doctors intervention, but that unlikely; I think it will be either the children taken in 1965 who save us...as the aliens obviously need them or maybe the weather or something will save us...:-D ......maybe the Darleks....:-D :-D

Kazz
11-07-2009, 11:44 AM
Well what did you think?

angieh
11-07-2009, 12:15 PM
That troubled me and I couldn't get the image of Jack's despair out of my mind. We do like our heros very flawed don't we. The political bits showed the really nasty cynical side of humanity. Was it a coincidence that the PM was Mr Green???

Who wants to live forever?

PoshPuss
12-07-2009, 04:25 PM
I'm in mourning! Do you think that's the last we see of Torchwood and Capt Jack ? I hope not. As always, there were tears at the end of it and I really want to know if Gwen and Rhys are ok, and was their baby a boy or girl. I want to know will Jack and Alice ever be the same with each other again, can she ever forgive him for what he did? :shock:
Oh please Russell T. Davies, please don't leave us wondering! argh! :(

Kazz
12-07-2009, 04:40 PM
I can't see Alice ever forgiving him....would you? although I do think Rhys and Gwen will be fine but it Torchwood so you never know...do you? I never expected him to let his grandson die or for Ianto to die but they did; its torchwood...makes you wonder how they will start again...maybe the only way to get Jack back will be if Gwen or Gwen's baby are in danger ............I can't see this being the last one. But the secretary who wore the contact lenses was a good addition, can't see that being her only time with the show. Especialy after what Gwen said "come see me for a job"
A good ending but I thought another episode would have been good it ended a little quickly for me to many un- answered questions.

angieh
12-07-2009, 04:45 PM
I expect John Barrowman is so busy with other commitments that it had to be left so as no-one knows IF that was the last Torchwood ever or not. He may want to reprise the role at a later date ......... or not.

Of course, Gwen and Rhys could be the new Torchwood with the contact lenses girl, who I admit would have been a very good addition. But with a baby in tow ..... perhaps it will be a CBBC spin-off, like the Sarah Jane Chronicles.