PDA

View Full Version : Date for the Cats' Summer Ball

angieh
05-07-2009, 08:54 PM
According to the recent poll, the most popular date is Saturday 1st August. Sorry about my muck up as to when the poll ended. Don't understand that bit yet. (It was my first poll!)

I wonder if anyone is able to volunteer for Official Ball Photographer?

And has anything been forgotten???

dandysmom
05-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Have the band(s) been booked?

MadCatLady
05-07-2009, 10:47 PM
OK!! Has a venue been decided?

Obviously I need landing ledges/room for the Tribes subtle transport solution?? :twisted:

PS what does photographer (of a virtual ball) pertain too? :?

angieh
05-07-2009, 10:50 PM
MUSIC!!!!! D'you know, I thought there was something that had been forgotten - cats can't dance without music!

The Cat and The Fiddle - a Hot Rhythm Orchestra well known on the circuit may be available - I'll send Mr Tabs an email tomorrow! Thanks Eileen.

They won't be able to play the whole evening, so if anyone has other contacts, please see if they can make themselves available.

angieh
05-07-2009, 10:56 PM
OK!! Has a venue been decided?

Obviously I need landing ledges/room for the Tribes subtle transport solution?? :twisted:

PS what does photographer (of a virtual ball) pertain too? :?

The Venue - exquisitely lit marquees will be erected on CM's land in Scotland - we have permission for that.

There may be a convenient Loch for the vegetarian dragons to go and quench their thirst while the Ball is in progress, otherwise the other fantastic transportation may get a bit restless, especially the elephants.

Now, MCL - the photographer at the Summer Ball takes photographs of all the excited kitties in their finery and posts pictures here on the Forum for all to see. It really is a very important role, in fact, it could be the MOST important one and generally needs someone who is good at using Photoshop or similar ..............................

MadCatLady
05-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Ummmmm.... I'll be honest I do most of my 'online chatting & Summer Ball arrangements' @ work and guess they may notice if I commit meself as photographer.... I'll happily do the catering though!? ;)

dandysmom
05-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Angie, remember there's a stream being diverted (virtually) for Kizzy's Swan Boat; the dragons can drink there, also the elephant. And I think there will be a landing strip for Eva's private jet: not sure if Jo's two are jetting also ...... I am rubbish at Photoshop, so cannot help there. Paging Elaine!!!

MadCatLady
06-07-2009, 12:08 AM
I'm sure if we sort the catering there will be plenty of 'leftovers' to feed the transport that require such... and the band & staff of course...? :D

Also how about another band... there is one call Scratch the Cat that is supposed to be rather good!!?? :-P

angieh
06-07-2009, 09:07 AM
Ummmmm.... I'll be honest I do most of my 'online chatting & Summer Ball arrangements' @ work and guess they may notice if I commit meself as photographer.... I'll happily do the catering though!? ;)

Thanks for your kind offer MCL, Calismum is doing the catering - she may like some help, but you'd have to ask her. What about taking on the decoration of the marquee? Some beautiful floral decorations would be absolutely lovely!

Angie, remember there's a stream being diverted (virtually) for Kizzy's Swan Boat; the dragons can drink there, also the elephant. And I think there will be a landing strip for Eva's private jet: not sure if Jo's two are jetting also ...... I am rubbish at Photoshop, so cannot help there. Paging Elaine!!!

Eileen - have you any idea HOW MUCH water dragons can drink? Kizzy's Swan Boat may not be able to leave!!!

I'm sure if we sort the catering there will be plenty of 'leftovers' to feed the transport that require such... and the band & staff of course...? :D

Also how about another band... there is one call Scratch the Cat that is supposed to be rather good!!?? :-P

The Cat and the Fiddle will be available, but it would be perfect to have another band too so they can alternate sets. Can you arrange for Scratch the Cat to be there?

We may have problems finding the photographer. Not sure of Elaine's availability, with all her work.

pookyandjo
06-07-2009, 12:35 PM
George and HRH Princess Harri will be arriving in a pink lear jet...at the moment i am trying to talk George out of wearing a paperbag over his head because he says that the others will think he is gay arriving in a pink jet...not that there anything wrong with that of course...;)

as for the photos i would like to help but the August 1 is only a week before we head O/S ourselves and i really wont have much time for computer with all the preparations of leaving home for nearly 10 weeks

Leesy
06-07-2009, 01:14 PM
Maxi and Maisy say that the 1st of August could be a bit tight for them as their Mummy will have only just come back off holiday and she may be a bit busy with unpacking and washing and of course pampering us 2 as she won`t have seen us for 2 wks.
But we will certainly still try to be there as it all sounds like so much fun:D