PDA

View Full Version : Though I should know better than to worry..

Luke
01-07-2009, 07:28 PM
..after having cats in this house since birth, and more aptly with the current three, but I am slightly concerned how Maxwell didn't come home last night and hasn't been around today:?
I know the heat brings up good hunting days and nights, and my cats have a habbit of dissapearing in the summer and returning a few days later looking quite content, and even though Maxwell IS a roamer and despite being neutered does have quite a vast territory I still ponder. We live in a quiet cul-de-sac but close enough to a fairy busy road leading out into the sticks, however I doubt this is it as the cats all stay away from there. We also live near some very very vermin infested fields where all the cats go, but ones which Maxwell explores in depth and at an extensive range too..so here's hoping he's just enjoying the heat and killing everything in sight.
Im not worrying honestly, more..curious as to where he is:?
I love all my cats, infact all my pets dearly, but me and the red demon have a very very close bond..it's not quite the same without him not here chatting away!
Just musing really, i'm sure he's fine.

angieh
01-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Luke, I am crossing fingers and toes for Maxwell's safe return. These ginger boys do seem to wander off and COME HOME AGAIN.

Luke
01-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks Angie, i know he's probably just out being a typical cat and doing his thing..they do it all the time when it gets too hot..turn up a few days later covered in dust from the sandtraps over the fields, and quite content with their nice little re-aquaintance with mother nature.
Just since loosing Bella, he and williams mum, to an unknown fate it's made me incrasingly nervous. But totally different really, she snook out on new years eve 07 going into 08 and obviously got spooked by all celebrations and well, we will never know really. Cats eh, more hassle than worth!

angieh
01-07-2009, 08:50 PM
I understand your history with Bella, Luke. That's why I have everything crossed! Sure he'll be back when he's good and ready.

Leesy
01-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Me too, I am keeping everything crossed for Maxwell`s safe return, like you said he is prob`s just out hunting but it is still very worrying:roll:

dandysmom
01-07-2009, 11:01 PM
I share your worry, Luke; probably he's just off hunting and will show up, but after Bella......... sending Come Home vibes.....

MadCatLady
02-07-2009, 01:28 AM
Hi Luke!

Hope he returns soon! If he is anything like my Dawson he will have wandered in through an open window and is living the life of reilly in someones lounge.... and then will realise he hasn't been home for a few days and will wander in demanding attention as if nothing is wrong!!! :roll:

pookyandjo
02-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Hope he comes home soon Luke...As Angie said... Some Ginger boys... (one in particular who shall remain nameless.... his name starts with Chester!!:shock: :shock: )
wandered off only to be reunited with his mum after a good couple of months... Does Maxwell have a microchip?

yola
02-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Luke, you must be really worried. I hope Maxwell is home and comfortable soon and that he's just been distracted by the warm weather and good huntin' :D

All the best!

dandysmom
02-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Any news, Luke?

Gumby Cat
02-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Please let us know if he's come back, Luke. Fingers crossed, I know what it's like when a cat goes missing for any length of time.

Luke
02-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Still awol, still not too worried though..its only night number two now or three, depends how you're counting. It's still so warm here that if he is off hunting then he won't be back just yet, all my cats have taken off at some point when it's summer..they tend to feel their feet then come home.:)
William's starting to pine for his bruv abit though, but im sure it'll be dandy when he's home:)

dandysmom
02-07-2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the update, though not what I wanted to hear ........still sending Come Home Maxwell vibes........

Mags
02-07-2009, 11:16 PM
I hope he's waiting on the doorstep for you tomorrow, Luke....

dinahsmum
05-07-2009, 04:23 PM
<holding breath>
I hope he doesn't keep you holding yours too long Luke.
Ginger boys ........... grrrr

MadCatLady
05-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Any news?

I have all black or black with white boots boys and they are just as ruddy naughty! Not sooooo sure it's a colour thing more a boy cat thing????

Luke
05-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Well, whilst lying in bed in the small hours with a very pining william I heard the dogs bark, it was around 5am so it was a bit perculiar..i presumed a fox or something passing through at first, but as it's warm i had the bedrooom windows open, and I could hear this noise. A noise which turned out to be the saddest miaow from my maxwell, sitting looking quite confused was my ginger boy. Slightly thinner than when I last saw him, covered in bits of soot, with grooves missing out of his paw pads where he either A) had a tangle with a car (but his claws aren't scuffed so Im doubtful) or B) (more fitting with what he was covered in and his weight) had been locked in somewhere and been scrabbling to escape. He's also now complete with a scratch across his muzzle which looks like it's healed into a scar, so will look like a real bruiser!
But the ginger boy is back, he's giving his beloved ralph a good wash, slept with his brother, eaten four bowls of dried catfood, stolen a steak and received lots of hugs, he's quite..different, not as confident and a bit meek..will see how he shapes up and may pop him to the vets for an m.o.t, im just so glad he's back!

dinahsmum
05-07-2009, 09:02 PM
HOORAH!
All's well, etc ...

dandysmom
05-07-2009, 09:21 PM
Oh wonderful! What a relief, Luke....thanks!

Mags
05-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Wonderful news Luke! :D

Moli
05-07-2009, 09:29 PM
So pleased he is home safe.....

MadCatLady
05-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Great News!!

calismum
05-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Great news - they just love to worry us!

dandysmom
05-07-2009, 11:45 PM
We're going to want pics of Maxwell's "tough guy" nose scar, Luke! Seriously, give him a welcome home cuddle from me.

MadCatLady
06-07-2009, 12:16 AM
I luv men with scars.... does the same notion apply to cats?? ;)

What about tatoos?

Leesy
06-07-2009, 08:48 AM
Thats fantastic news, pleased to hear that Maxwell`s returned home safely:D :D

yola
06-07-2009, 09:25 AM
Brilliant news Luke! I'm so happy to be reading your wanderer has returned :-D :-D :-D

angieh
06-07-2009, 09:54 AM
Great news Luke. So glad Maxwell has come home. Let us know how he gets on at the vet if you decide to take him for an MOT! What a relief.

pookyandjo
06-07-2009, 12:10 PM
glad he's home.....and in one piece with the exception of his war wound!
funny little ginger boy... wonder if his subdued nature will remain or will he regain his "gingerness"

John
12-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Glad he is back Luke..been following this but not sure if I could add anything to what was already being said..hope he recovers from his expereance ...

MadCatLady
17-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Any news!?

Mags
17-07-2009, 09:57 PM
Any news!?
Maxwell returned home to Luke over a week ago...:D

MadCatLady
17-07-2009, 10:45 PM
I know... I meant from the vets??? Was he poorly?