PDA

View Full Version : Makes me Angry!

jan
30-06-2009, 10:17 PM
My daughter text me Sunday did I want a 12 week old fluffy kitten? Part of me wanted to say hmmmm maybe but the sensible bit won and I answered No got to be sensible, 4 is enough. I later rang and started asking a few questions, like who has got it, what colour is it? Male or female? Turns out my daughter on facebook is in contact with a girl who asked does anyone want a fluffy 12 week kitten? To which someone replied, not again? You only just had it. Turns out, she had a rabbit a short time and got fed up and gave it away. I dont understand people buying animals on a whim and then giving them away a few weeks later. poor kitty. My daughter says knowing her, its probably pedigree so I assume she can afford to feed it. It annoys me - selfish person. :evil: Jan x

Moli
30-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Very commom story I am afraid, we live in a throw away society, they get fed up with the poor animal so out it goes, not caring who has it....!!!!!

Leesy
30-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Very commom story I am afraid, we live in a throw away society, they get fed up with the poor animal so out it goes, not caring who has it....!!!!!

That is so true Moli, what is going wrong with the world these days, it just makes your blood boil:evil: :evil:

MadCatLady
01-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Heart breaking but true i'm afraid! :mad:

Some one recently returned 2 of our cats to us, we vet check & home check and usually get it right but....
Apparently your own cats poohing in your own garden is unacceptable & reason to get rid of them!!!??? :shock:

Leesy
01-07-2009, 08:04 AM
Heart breaking but true i'm afraid! :mad:

Some one recently returned 2 of our cats to us, we vet check & home check and usually get it right but....
Apparently your own cats poohing in your own garden is unacceptable & reason to get rid of them!!!??? :shock:

I am speachless words fail me:shock: :shock:

MrsH
01-07-2009, 10:40 AM
I despair, I really do! I think people just want robotic pets and can't be bothered or haven't properly thought out the commitment required. Makes me so sad.

SLR30
01-07-2009, 12:39 PM

Very true!

angieh
01-07-2009, 02:04 PM
I have always thought that really there is only one bad animal on this beautiful planet ............ and it's us humans.

Leesy
01-07-2009, 02:18 PM
I have always thought that really there is only one bad animal on this beautiful planet ............ and it's us humans.

You have just hit the nail on the head there Angie:(

dandysmom
01-07-2009, 04:52 PM
You have just hit the nail on the head there Angie:(

Amen to that, Angie! To quote Pogo: "We have met the enemy and it is us....."

MadCatLady
02-07-2009, 01:44 AM
Seriously guys toooooooooooooo true!

I meet some 'people' who make me despair :smt021 (including those who have issues with cat poohing in their garden!!) but then there are those few that bring a tear to the eye with their commitment & constant striving to support animal welfare throughout the world :pom

I'd like to think the latter is in the majority on sites like this!! And I know it's corny or trite but those of us that put the effort in get rewarded.... All my Feline Tribe are rescues, either strays, ferals or abdandoned by 'people' and they give me more joy than I ever believed possible!!! :smt040

OK... so I am known as the MadCatLady @ work & by my friends but who cares!!!!!! :cat35

CathyW
02-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Very true!
whats the matter did the kitten color clash with her 3 peice suite ???

jan
02-07-2009, 08:55 PM
I know,it makes you wonder what gets into people, treating animals like handbags or shoes, just throw them out. I dont personally know this woman - I might have a word with my daughter again and see if there has been any further comment re this puss. Why do some morons never credit animals with feelings? Jan x :cry:

dandysmom
02-07-2009, 09:44 PM
If there's any justice, people like that will come back as cats owned by people exactly like themselves! See how they like it then!