PDA

View Full Version : hoping to get another cat

jinxysowner
29-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Hiya

I have posted on here before, but it was a while ago.
I have a black cat called Jinxy he is nearly 5 months old now
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o204/scottishlassie_photos/DSC00906.jpg

We contacted the local cat protection, because we are on a low income, for help with neutering costs, and they are able to help, it is £54 to get a cat netured at the vet by us (which i thought was quite good).
We would love to have another cat, and would love to get one at the cat protection, but i am a little bit shy in asking, with the fact we have asked for assistance in paying for Jinxy to get neutered.
Do you think they would be likely to turn us down because of that?

Thanks
Elaine.

SLR30
29-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Hi Elaine,,,,I think I know you from somewhere else lolxxx (suzy + Jinksy);)

I dont think you should have any problems...why dont you give them a call and see what they say.

suzy xx

jinxysowner
29-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Hiya Suzy lol!
I am a bit shy to, to be honest lol!. But the lady will be intouch about getting Jinxy neutered soon, so even maybe just before he is neutered (he is not quite ready yet) we might ask about it. There a few cats on the cat protection site that i would love, but lots of them are to be kept together, so i think i would need to really try and sweet talk hubby if it came to having two from cat protection lol!, i would prefer an adult cat i think, to a kitten.

Thanks Suzy :D

SLR30
29-06-2009, 10:28 AM
No worries Elaine,,,Im not that clued up on cats protection but im sure there are lots of experienced peeps on here-that will be able to give you a more thorough answer - they are a vry friendly bunch....:D

Suzyxx

Mags
29-06-2009, 12:29 PM
We have several members here who work and foster for Cats Protection who will be able to answer your questions when they log in to the Forum later today..

I personally can see no reason why they would refuse you another cat because you asked for assistance with neutering Jinxy ............ you would, after all, be offering a rescue adult cat a loving home.:)

Please let us know how you get on with CP..

jinxysowner
29-06-2009, 01:44 PM
No worries Elaine,,,Im not that clued up on cats protection but im sure there are lots of experienced peeps on here-that will be able to give you a more thorough answer - they are a vry friendly bunch....:D

Suzyxx

Thanks Suzy x :)

We have several members here who work and foster for Cats Protection who will be able to answer your questions when they log in to the Forum later today..

I personally can see no reason why they would refuse you another cat because you asked for assistance with neutering Jinxy ............ you would, after all, be offering a rescue adult cat a loving home.:)

Please let us know how you get on with CP..

Thanks Mags :) , i hope they will be fine with me asking. I do often thing Jinxy would like a little friend, plus we would love another cat about the place to, they are lovely animals x

Moli
29-06-2009, 02:37 PM
The branch I foster for would have no problem rehoming a cat to you and they would provide a neutering voucher for when it is due for neutering...

jinxysowner
29-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Thanks Moli , i would love to foster cats, must be so rewarding when they find new homes :)
x

SLR30
29-06-2009, 04:58 PM
I would love to help with rehoming cats but my place is too small....If i won the lottery I would have a huge place where I could keep them all...I can dream:roll: :)

jinxysowner
30-06-2009, 12:38 PM
I would love to help with rehoming cats but my place is too small....If i won the lottery I would have a huge place where I could keep them all...I can dream:roll: :)

Lol!! i would love to do the same (and maybe win the lottery the following roll over when you win it lol! :lol: )

I have contacted cat protection, and told them, that we would like to be considered for re homing one of the cats.
I hope they will be OK about it
fingers crossed

Thanks again everyone
x

SLR30
30-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Lol!! i would love to do the same (and maybe win the lottery the following roll over when you win it lol! :lol: )

I have contacted cat protection, and told them, that we would like to be considered for re homing one of the cats.
I hope they will be OK about it
fingers crossed

Thanks again everyone
x

ooh nice one Elaine:D will keep my fingers crossed for you xxx;) :D