PDA

View Full Version : A post on another non cat forum that annoyed me

Lovetone
28-06-2009, 11:09 PM
This was posted on another forum i read (not a cat forum)

----------------------------------------------------------
Right, as we're moving to the country, there's a few things I need to prepare for, and one of them is critters.

Front lawn is moles, and we are near the banks of the Usk, so there'll be water rats, et al.

I've got two solutions, both of which will be fine, and one of which may well be a solution for the other. Firstly, I'm getting a nice big gun, so's I can shoot the moles and rats. And escaped paedos from the local open prison. Secondly, I fancy a cat or two, most specifically for the rats.

Now, I got a cat about a decade ago, Dave he was called, nice cat. He's either dead or with my ex's parents in Coventry nowadays. Seem to remember him and his brother cost us fourty quid from the cats found in bags in the river shop in Coventry, then there was an injection or something. How much is a cat today? How do I get a free one?

Also, I'm aware cats are basically fudge, genetically speaking, wiht cat lukemia being an almost certainty. I've no desire to spend a lot of money on vets bills for a cat, as they are basically feral things, this will be a farmhouse cat as it were. If it gets ill and is in pain, I'll happily pay for it to be put down, but I'm told you can get non-pedigree cats, or 'proper moggys' which won't just get all fudge up. What gives? We'll be there for a year and then may have to move to where cats are not allowed... how easy is it to re-home a cat these days? I don't want to have to use the gun on them.

Finally, there's cats next door, I've clocked them already, and I've no desire to have them on my land - how long does it take a cat or cats to establish themselves on your property if it is 'occupied territory'?

--------------------------------------------------------

made me so angry

Moli
28-06-2009, 11:14 PM
Word fail me completely....!!!!!:evil: :evil: :evil:

Lovetone
28-06-2009, 11:37 PM
yeah I couldnt be bothered to reason with them, so I just caled them a **** and left it at that.

I hope the cats go live with the nieghbours.

dandysmom
28-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Sickening, absolutely sickening, almost beyond belief!!!!!

Lovetone
29-06-2009, 12:13 AM
Sickening, absolutely sickening, almost beyond belief!!!!!

Thankfully someone with more patience than me wrote a great post. I think a lot of the orignal message was perhaps off the cuff remarks, but even the concept of shooting an animal you 'no longer have need for' makes me feel a bit ill.

MadCatLady
29-06-2009, 05:24 AM
Ummmm..... does shooting him become an option if he gets 'fudged up'??? :twisted:

Maybe I could just feed him to my Feline Tribe.... however they are very fussy eaters!? :?

Leesy
29-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Some peoples reasons for having or even contemplating having an animal of any sort is beyond believe and makes me so mad :evil: :evil: :evil: in fact fuming mad :evil: :evil: :evil: , they don`t deserve to be on this planet with animal lovers you are supposed to get a pet because you want to love and nurture it and make it part of your family.

alexgirl73
29-06-2009, 09:53 AM
words utterly fail me!!!!!!!!!!

SLR30
29-06-2009, 10:20 AM
OMG!!:evil: :evil: I just cannot believe the sheer ignorance of some people,,,,,what an absolute idiot! hope he never owns any animals cos he is not worthy!!:cry:

jinxysowner
29-06-2009, 10:22 AM
I really think this person who typed that is a bloomin idiot. But just something about it, seems to be more of a wind up i think.

Scum bag none the less though!! :evil:

MansonGroupie
29-06-2009, 10:36 AM
:shock: That is awful, I cannot believe that people actually think this way! I feel sick to my stomach, what a complete and utter idiot! :evil:

SLR30
29-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I really think this person who typed that is a bloomin idiot. But just something about it, seems to be more of a wind up i think.

Scum bag none the less though!! :evil:

Yeah have to agree Elaine,,,,does sound like a wind up - still a twonk though:roll: xx

angieh
29-06-2009, 12:23 PM
The idiot was certainly after a reaction IMO. Also a completely ignorant idiot.

Phoenix
29-06-2009, 07:56 PM
Words fail me completely :evil:

Can we shoot the person who posted that? :evil:

CathyW
30-06-2009, 08:21 PM
sounds like a total moron.