PDA

View Full Version : Sore spot on head

Phoenix
26-06-2009, 07:19 PM
This evening I noticed Dylan had a sore spot on his head. He's desperate to be stroked but I think he's been either scratched or has a tick on his head (the very top)

I was out for most of today so I only noticed it when I came back in. Dylan had come to tell me all about his day and tell me naughty for leaving him, also wanted food and attention as usual.

He's got to go regardless to have his claws trimmed. Again.

angieh
26-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Sorry RCR - I take it your last sentence means He's got to go to the vet anyway ...... if there's nothing visible to you, it would be just as well to get it checked out if you and Dylan are there anyway! Could just have bumped his head?

dandysmom
26-06-2009, 10:09 PM
It may just be a scratch, but if he's going to the vet anyway they can have a look. I assume you can't clip his claws yourself? Some of them are impossible to do at home.

MrsH
26-06-2009, 10:24 PM
Could he have been stung?

Phoenix
29-06-2009, 08:01 PM
It may just be a scratch, but if he's going to the vet anyway they can have a look. I assume you can't clip his claws yourself? Some of them are impossible to do at home.

I dare say Dylan would let me do his claws at home, but I don't trust myself to trim his claws.

I've been on the phone to the vet and he's going in tomorrow morning. Since Friday though his head seems to be a lot better (he got scratched while fighting) but I think he's been in another fight because his leg (the one that got bitten by the rat) seems to be a little sore, he won't allow us to handle it at all - moves away and tries to out stare the hand that's touched him. He's able to put his normal weight on it and he's still after strokes as normal (aka pestering for them, bless him) He's not being aggressive at all, just stares at the hand that's touched his leg. I'm getting the vet to check it tomorrow as well.

Edit: It's only been today he's been like it with his leg.

Leesy
29-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Hope all goes well at the vet for Dylan tomorrow, and give him a big chin rub from me please:D

MadCatLady
30-06-2009, 01:01 AM
Hope all goes well @ the dreaded Vets!!

Porter - my black & white pain in the bum - often goes out side & makes friends with the cars... ie headbutting them and rubbing along them (much to the amusement of neighbours!) but he often head rubs the exhaust pipe just after people have stopped their car and singes the top of his head.... :roll: fool never learns!

Or BeWilbured often gets a bit tooooo enthusiastic whilst chasing flys & wasps & crashes into walls & doors etc... the theory they always land on their feet has been disproved several times with my Tribe!

And then of course there is Dawson, with the grace & finese of a brick covered in fur, who consistantly crashes into the cat flap (which is transparent) and doesn't realise RigbyBigBear is stationed the other side on guard duty and just smashes into the flap whilst Bear holds it shut with his paw.... :twisted:

dandysmom
30-06-2009, 02:05 AM
What a bunch of characters you have ...loved the stories!

MadCatLady
30-06-2009, 02:12 AM
:? According to those who know me they think my own personality rubs off on my Feline Tribe..... I think thats a compliment?

Everyones says that the cats upon entering the MadCatLady's home are perfectly normal and then gradually... well...um... mutate!

angieh
30-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Great stories about your tribe MCL! You've got a way with words.

Hope Dylan is a good boy at the vet today, RCR and that he's OK.

Phoenix
30-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Update on Dylan: the head wound was Dylan having a run in with another cat, the soreness on his leg the vet's checked Dylan's leg and says it's a little sore but nothing to get concerned about :-D

Dylan was very good at the vets apart from having tickly paws (wriggling a little when the vet was trimming his claws)

HappyKatz
30-06-2009, 08:16 PM
So happy to hear that Dylans spot on his head & his sore leg is nothing serious :-D
Dylans claws are all nice & trimmed - must feel nice for him :cat27

Leesy
30-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Soooo glad to hear that everything is all OK with Dylan and there is nothing to worry about:D

MadCatLady
01-07-2009, 01:08 AM
Seeee.... nothing to worry about!!

Hope he's back to his usual self soon!!