PDA

View Full Version : Alarm clocks for cats??

Stephan
26-06-2009, 02:06 PM
I know mornings come early at this time of year but I really need to let Cleo know that 05.00 hrs is just a bit too early to spend a long cuddle,let alone putting out her breakfast:)

angieh
26-06-2009, 03:17 PM
Blackout blinds are the answer - well at least that's the advise the nurse offered us when we said MIL was getting up too early!

dandysmom
26-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Regretably, cats seem to operate on "stomach time", not ours! Try a midnight snack to defer the morning hunger pangs!

CathyW
27-06-2009, 10:32 PM
5am wow u get a lie-in. ronnies shouting the odds at 3/4 am !!!!
luckily we live in a bungalow so i just open the window and let him out.

Leesy
28-06-2009, 10:18 PM
:lol: :lol: I think that they wake us up at that time because they like to see us trying to look at them through our blurry sleepy eyes and then stumbling down the stairs to feed them.;)

jinxysowner
29-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Jinxy is a 6am cat lol!, never fails, sometimes 5:55am :lol:

It would be lovely for them to sleep until 8am or something lol!! mind you, i am up at 7:30am at the latest these days lol

x

SLR30
29-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Jinks is a nightmare in the morning:roll: He loves company and will meow and meow and meow :cat13 :cat13 untill you get up and then just wants to play! :-D On Saturday night I had to sleep in spare room cos OH was snoring:roll: ....jinksy is allowed in that room and came and sat watching me for hours and kept tapping me on my face with his paw untill I got up ....little rascal :D

angieh
29-06-2009, 12:24 PM
I think Steph's thread title should have been "Cat as Alarm Clock"!

pcspik
11-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I used to have a cat who would meow at 3 am. I got one of those clockwork feeders and I set it so it would go off at 3 am. It worked.

Pickle wakes me up at 7 am despite me having blackout curtains, so that will not work. Unfortunately I cant do the clockwork feeder thing as he and Tigger (my other cat) have separate diets, and have to be fed separately.

calismum
11-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Alfie is usually a 6am cat. Not too bad as OH is generally thinking about getting up around 6.30am.

3am would do my head in. :)

dumbblondie
12-07-2009, 08:54 PM
my cats well it's usally topaz coz coral is happy to eat her biscuits they wake up at about 6:15 every morning so i set my alarm so i can feed em then back to bed

EmmaG
12-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Bronwyn usually wakes me up around 4.40am, nice!!!

angieh
12-07-2009, 10:39 PM
I must have been so lucky with cats. Merlin used to jump up on the bed, have a cuddle and curl up and go back to sleep. Kizzy does the same - I have never had to get up to feed any of them. Perhaps I have just been lucky (so far) to have the most patient of cats....... can my luck extend to our little ginger and white boy??? Although I will understand while he needs more frequent feeding.

dandysmom
12-07-2009, 10:59 PM
You're not alone being lucky, Angie. Aside from Dandy, mine would normally wait patiently for me to get up. Of course. I think the pre-bedtime snack might help. Dandy was a little terror, he wasn't so much interested in breakfast as he was in playing! At 5:30 in the morning! Leia is a love, sleeps quietly next to me until I get up and say "Good Morning, Leia!

kado
12-07-2009, 11:00 PM
My brothers cats are funny. He works shifts and he always gets up at least 2 hrs before he goes to work to let them out. The trouble is that when he is on a later shift they still think they should wake him up. They either meow or pace up and down. On saturday he was going for a bike ride but knew he wouldnt have enough food but they woke up at 4am and wanted feeding they wouldnt let up and he had too let them out he has three. He then had to go at 7am to get them some food before he went out. Cats do have alarm clocks myself i think its called an owner.

angieh
13-07-2009, 10:55 AM
It must be confusing if your staff work shifts! But generally I think that once you've given in, you're done for!

pookyandjo
13-07-2009, 01:07 PM
i've never had that problem either.............. until....
The Ginger arrived.............0645... every morning... she starts with a single lick to the face... if i ignore it.. she starts in earnest.. if i cover my face... she advances to my pillow... and curls her body around my head... like she's a fur hat.... and proceeds to groom my hair, ear and neck... at this stage i usually get up and feed her... but she usually always comes back to bed and has a sleep for a couple of hours... one morning i didn't get up... i cralled under the covers so she couldn't get to me... and she went over to Davids side of the bed and did her routine on him... that was funny....

angieh
13-07-2009, 01:39 PM
hmmmmmmmm - my new kitten is ginger and white! Could be a disastrous combination ....... :D