PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson

dandysmom
25-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Just got a bulletin on the 6 PM news that he has died, cardiac arrest, only 50. A great loss to the pop music world. :(

Mags
25-06-2009, 11:42 PM
I've just heard the news too......... the reports here say his death is unconfirmed as yet :?

dandysmom
25-06-2009, 11:52 PM
That was the local news here with the bulletin; NBC National News has just confirmed it. Sad.

PoshPuss
26-06-2009, 08:08 AM
Woke up to this news this morning :(
A great loss to music and even greater loss to his children.

He was a great icon of my generation and although I was never a big fan, I loved his early music with his brothers and he was the true 'king' of the pop video. Thriller and Bad were great albums. He led a mixed up life, genius/madman - he showed both extremes of human behaviour, but, to me, he always appeared to be childlike, naive, some would say immature.
One thing though, he'll never be forgotten. R.I.P. Michael.

Leesy
26-06-2009, 08:17 AM
I heard the news just as I was going to bed last night, it is such a loss to the music industry and of course his family,friends and fans.
He will be greatly missed but obviously a person that will never be forgotten, a true musical genious :( :(

yola
26-06-2009, 08:42 AM
Whilst not a great fan of the man or his music, I find it very sad that he never made it to his farewell concerts :(
I hope his family are able to come to terms with such a public loss and are given time and space to grieve without media intrusion.

angieh
26-06-2009, 09:02 AM
OH told me the news last night as we were going to bed. I echo above comments, I do hope that his music will be uppermost in peoples' minds. I fear that Yola's hope for privacy for his family may not come to pass.

janey83
26-06-2009, 09:17 AM
I heard half an hour ago about his death.... Its so sad, they keep playing his songs on the radio :-( and now im watchin GMTV

R.I.P Michael.

Alison
26-06-2009, 09:22 AM
I am in shock. I have been a fan for years.

SLR30
26-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Terrible news....so young and leaving 3 lovely children and his family....RIP Michael:cry:

He was a true Icon x

Moli
26-06-2009, 12:41 PM
He will be sadly missed, his music was fantastic.....

dandysmom
26-06-2009, 04:35 PM
I was not a fan, but it is a shame the concerts will never take place. Such a bizarre life style; I don't think he was a happy person .... the cliche about money not buying happiness.

calismum
26-06-2009, 08:39 PM
I echo above. I think he was one of the great performaers of 80's - Bad, Thriller being examples.

Although not a great fan, I did appreciate his music and thought he was a great performer.

Big loss to music and his family.

At peace now - from all his demons, real and imagined.

Kim
27-06-2009, 02:18 PM
I echo above. I think he was one of the great performaers of 80's - Bad, Thriller being examples.

Although not a great fan, I did appreciate his music and thought he was a great performer.

Big loss to music and his family.

At peace now - from all his demons, real and imagined.

I echo this. He was an amzing singer, performer and artist. I feel I grew-up with his music and he will always be a music icon and genius. RIP Michael :cry:

jan
28-06-2009, 04:47 PM
I heard the news at about half ten Thurs evening that he was found not breathing and watched as the drama unfolded on the tele. I feel very sad and emotional that this child genius had such a tough childhood and subsequent turbulent adult life. I agree it shows that money does not buy happiness. Poor guy, what a sad man he seemed thse last ten or twelve years. I grew up with his music as the soundtrack to my life as I am sure a lot of people of my generation will recognise. I hope he is now at peace. Jan x