PDA

View Full Version : Queen cat behaviour

cunwina
24-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Please could anyone help! Is it normal for a queen cat who till now has been an excellent mother, to pin down her kittens like they are prey when they are out the their box. The kittens are nearly 4 weeks old

yola
24-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Possibly - she could be stopping them from wandering and perceiving they are at risk.

Can I ask you please to consider having your queen neutered (unless, of course you are a registered breeder).

angieh
24-06-2009, 02:22 PM
I have only had one experience of cat and kittens many years ago and no, I would not say that was normal. Is she showing any other aggressive signs to her kittens - biting etc.? I know a mother cat may "pin" her kit down whilst cleaning it but your description doesn't sound like that.

cunwina
24-06-2009, 03:00 PM
I have taken in this cat as she was abondoned, I will be getting her spayed as soon as possible. But she seems to get stressed when they are all running around her and then this behaviour starts should I contact my vet

angieh
24-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Bless you for taking in this poor little cat. She is probably very nervous and unsure. If you think the kittens are in any danger then contact your vet for advise. Best be safe IMO. Good luck.

dandysmom
24-06-2009, 04:33 PM
I agree completely with Angie's advice.

Leesy
25-06-2009, 08:43 AM
Yes I agree with Angies advice as well, how are things going with mother and baby kitties are they any better.