PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed Parvo case in Norwich, Norfolk area!!!

MadCatLady
24-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Hello!

Not trying to be a scare mongerer but I have a friend who works for a vets in the Norwich area, and recently they have had the unfortunate situation where they had to inform a local dog owner that their pet had contracted mild Parvo, all the usually symptoms but they thought they had caught it earlier enough and treated it well.... However since this diagnosis 6-8wks ago this animal has been quaranteened in it's garden.... the Parvo however has returned with a vengence in the last week and the animal has been PTS.
The vet has suggested (and they may just be covering themselves here) that the Parvo virus is in the garden area probably being spread by urban foxes.... Just thought a heads up was in order... i know cats do not catch Parvo virus it's a canine thing

angieh
24-06-2009, 02:23 PM
That sounds very worrying for dog owners in the area MCL. Poor dog. I don't know anything about parvovirus, not having dogs.

dandysmom
24-06-2009, 04:54 PM
That sounds very worrying for dog owners in the area MCL. Poor dog. I don't know anything about parvovirus, not having dogs.

Thanks for alerting people!

Leesy
25-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Oh the poor dog, I do hope that this Parvo is not going to spread and is just an isolated incident:( , thanks for the warning MadcatLady.