PDA

View Full Version : Friends...and keeping them

Kazz
23-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Spoke to a few friends today and have decided to organise a rounders game a a picnic in the Summer in Sutton Park maybe, everyone brings something for the picnic...and a game of rounders is the highlight......:-D

Hopefuly may be up to about 40-50 adults when we get sorted.....plus the kids...

We used to do things ike this all the time some friends and I but I have not organised anything for ages....so I am back on the role...will take some pictures....when we get together.

calismum
23-06-2009, 06:38 PM
What a great idea. I hope everyone joins in and appreciates you organising that for them.

Mags
23-06-2009, 06:40 PM
What a brilliant idea, I hope you all have a great time!:D

Elaine
23-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Excellent thing to do apart from the rounders, I couldnt hit a cows ass with a banjo, was never picked for team games like that at school:lol:

angieh
23-06-2009, 08:22 PM
I have a wonderful picture in my head of Elaine trying to hit a cow's ass with a banjo! It's really brave of you to get that close, Elaine!

Great idea about the rounders Kazz - sometimes I used to be double back-stop. I think it was because my class had too many pupils for ordinary size team. We used to have loads of deep deep fielders too! If I was out posted, it was so boring, I used to make daisy chains.

Elaine
23-06-2009, 08:41 PM
It would have to be an extremely BIG banjo Angie:lol:

dandysmom
23-06-2009, 10:01 PM
After I stop laughing at the mental image of Elaine, the banjo and the cow, will someone tell me what rounders are? Sounds a bit like baseball ....????

angieh
23-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Well it is and it isn't Eileen .......... I'll see if I can find something about it on't'internet!

This (http://www.letsplayrounders.com/history.htm) site has a certain English flavour to it!

dandysmom
23-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Oh, don't go to any bother, Angie, I could look it up myself on Google ....in between searching for transport images to the Summer Ball! We have the most imaginative cats...I just filled a request for an elephant complete with howdah! I hope the venue will have a VERY large parking area!

Leesy
25-06-2009, 08:47 AM
That sound like such great fun Kazz and I can`t wait to see some pics:D

dandysmom
25-06-2009, 04:15 PM
Well it is and it isn't Eileen .......... I'll see if I can find something about it on't'internet!

This (http://www.letsplayrounders.com/history.htm) site has a certain English flavour to it!

Thanks for the link! I got a little laugh at the dig about us and Baseball! :-D

angieh
25-06-2009, 05:04 PM
That's what I meant about "English flavour"!