PDA

View Full Version : In other news...

Tink
23-06-2009, 05:09 AM
I am feeding a mysterious one eared black cat. My neighbor leaves food out for strays so I think she is technically hers but she looked quite scraggly like she's never been indoors or groomed and was a bit wobbly.
We have a couch in the front yard at the moment and she is always draped across it. She will let me near her as long as it's about five feet away and I don't make any sudden movements.
I rigged a food bowl that couldn't get touched by the neighborhood dogs where she likes to hang out on the couch. I also took her out a bowl of water which she devoured. The neighbor that feeds strays and is also a veterinary technician is going through some relationship problems and has been leaving a lot for personal time away and I wonder if this stray is suffering for it?
She just looks like a black DLH to me. I assume it's a she, I don't know why, maybe I'm wrong. I'm also very curious how she got to only have one ear. It looks completely healed so it must be an old story.
I did get a lot of staring with the slow blink thing. That was nice, if I recall correctly that means "I trust you" and I mimicked it back.
I'm not planning on having another cat. At this point though I feel compelled to feed and water her and sit by her on the couch once in a while and stare at the trees. It is a bit of a stress reliever actually with everything else I have going on to just go out and hang with her.
It's been hot lately and I found her later laying under our trailer in the shade.
I haven't seen her today since K got home. Maybe because the dogs are louder in the backyard today due to the excitement and we've had some visitors which is unusual.
I kind of miss her and hope she's okay.

calismum
23-06-2009, 06:58 PM
I always think cats know when they are required. She knew you would benefit from a little 'me time' and that is what she has given you.

Hope she turns up again for you.

dandysmom
23-06-2009, 10:43 PM
CM has put that so beautifully!

Tink
24-06-2009, 09:28 PM
She came back yesterday:-D

dandysmom
24-06-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh now nice! Food, water, a soft sofa to sleep on and some human companionship.........

calismum
24-06-2009, 09:37 PM
........ and a little more 'me time' for you.

Glad she has come back, do you think she has an owner?

angieh
24-06-2009, 10:11 PM
I always think cats know when they are required. She knew you would benefit from a little 'me time' and that is what she has given you.

Hope she turns up again for you.

That's a lovely way of putting it, CM. I think that's about right Tink.

Tink
25-06-2009, 02:19 AM
........ and a little more 'me time' for you.

Glad she has come back, do you think she has an owner?

I don't know if it's the lady next door but then if it is it would suprise me as she is a veterinary technician and this kitty had its eyes closed and was swaying while standing in place like it was dizzy or exhausted.
I want to earn its trust so I can make sure its alright, whether it has an owner or not.
Today the food bowl was knocked over by the wind. I need to create a better solution for a bowl that is up off the ground away from neighborhood dogs but on top of the sofa so a weak kitty could eat. Ideas??

Leesy
25-06-2009, 08:21 AM
She sounds so sweet and in need of your loving care and affection, I am quite sure that you will work something out for her feeding arrangements, it sounds like you do both need each others company;) .

Tink
28-06-2009, 10:31 PM
Well, I saw her the other day on my neighbor's front porch hanging out with her dog so I guess it's her cat. Thing is she came by begging for food yesterday and I could hear the neighbor had guests and was having some kind of party. It makes me wonder how well she is taking care of her but then the other part of me says it's none of your business.
I will continue to make friends with her and she is welcome anytime at my front door...even if she's "on loan":D

dandysmom
28-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Bless that little cat, she knows where to come for some food and affection. That "wobby" bit has me a bit concerned, though ......

Tink
29-06-2009, 02:07 AM
Bless that little cat, she knows where to come for some food and affection. That "wobby" bit has me a bit concerned, though ......

Same here:?

Tink
04-07-2009, 06:27 AM
Major progress today. Let me pet her then she jumped in my lap. She accidentally scratched me because her nails haven't been trimmed in who knows how long. Spent sometime with her and then went inside to finish dinner..came back to give her some tuna and she was gone...the fireworks are going off in this neighborhood quite a bit..hope she's okay. Really thinking about stealing this little cat if it is in fact my neighbors, LOL. She groomed me, she either is owned by someone or used to be. Still runs at sudden movements and man is she talkative. She looked me dead in the eye and chatted away. She's so gorgeous. Her long coat is matted, don't think it's ever seen a brush before. What a nice cat.

calismum
04-07-2009, 02:53 PM
Oh Tink, she sounds lovely. Poor wee soul. She may have been hanging out at the neighbours as she does at yours?

I hope she continues to let you love her.

Tink
04-07-2009, 03:03 PM
She really is cute, the one missing ear adds character..maybe she'll let me snap a picture of her today :-)

dandysmom
04-07-2009, 04:22 PM
I'd love to see her, she does sound like a little love. Hope the fireworks don't spook her too much tonight. I do love a chatty cat!

MadCatLady
04-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Ahhhhhhhh! Good luck with the continued visits...maybe a set up which includes a door too small for dogs to get through to food bowl... in a box or something.... of course you could try a trap type setup but that might freak her a bit...?

Tink
05-07-2009, 07:59 AM
Tonight was nice. She sat on my lap and we watched the fireworks together for two hours.
I tried to invite her in (with the other furkids locked up and away) but she just sat right outside the doorway and laid there, LOL.

dandysmom
05-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Awww, that's nice watching the fireworks together. She does sound like an affectionate little cat; maybe she'll let you brush her soon!

Tink
05-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Awww, that's nice watching the fireworks together. She does sound like an affectionate little cat; maybe she'll let you brush her soon!

What I'm dying to do is clip her nails..they are so ridiculously long that she scratches me just brushing her paw against me. But I don't think we're that far in the relationship yet...heck, Kuan Yin doesn't think we're that far in our relationship yet when I do it to her:roll: :lol:

dandysmom
05-07-2009, 04:38 PM
What I'm dying to do is clip her nails..they are so ridiculously long that she scratches me just brushing her paw against me. But I don't think we're that far in the relationship yet...heck, Kuan Yin doesn't think we're that far in our relationship yet when I do it to her:roll: :lol:

Lol, good luck with the claws! She might be be of those gentle ones who lets you do it with no shrieking, thrashing and acting as if you were amputating her toes without anaesthetic ... and then again she may not ....:roll:

Tink
05-07-2009, 04:56 PM
the way she already has drawn blood on me without trying makes me apprehensive to try, LOL.
i had to change my clothes last night and wash up. that girl body marked me from head to toe and even groomed me and i didn't want kuan yin to get mad, LOL.

dandysmom
05-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Onyx used to do that to me, and when I came back in the house Leia had to carefully scent-mark me again with her scent....... repeated daily ......

Tink
05-07-2009, 09:37 PM
LOL battle of the scents!

Leesy
06-07-2009, 08:25 AM
Awwwwww bless Tink she does sound like a little sweetheart and has soooo obviously got very attached to you:D , I think I would be tempted to catnap her;)