PDA

View Full Version : Kizzy was sick this morning

angieh
20-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Just one of those days I guess. Started badly with MIL having a fall in her bathroom and OH and I having to lift her. She was badly shaken and we got her back to bed. I am not feeling well either (the usual) and went back to bed too - Kizzy came to keep me company and then very suddenly was quite sick over me, the bed, the floor and the window sill as she made her escape outside. It wasn't quite projectile, but you get the idea - most of it undigested food and a big fur ball. Poor little love. So there I was sitting in a bed full of vomited food and feeling sorry for myself.

Anyway, I am up, cleaned up and dressed. Bedding is in the wash. Kizzy is fine and came back in for more food, so she must be feeling much better without that fur ball!

MIL is up, washed and had her breakfast having forgotten all that happened to her this morning.

I am left still feeling grotty - probably the only one who's not feeling OK after it all.

What a day :cry:

random
20-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Oh Angie what a start! I hope things pick up throughout the day, perhaps a lazy day on the sofa is called for?

pinklizzy
20-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Oh dear Angie! You are having a rough day so far, Imogen and I are sending both you and Kizzy gentle hugs xxx

pookyandjo
20-06-2009, 02:00 PM
no good at all Angie... good that your MIL and Kizzy are seemingly oblivious to their mis haps..and are behaving normally...a nice relaxing day on the couch sounds like the order of the day for you... and maybe a little snooze if you feel so inclined... be kind to yourself.. you deserve it

dandysmom
20-06-2009, 04:27 PM
Oh dear, Angie, not a good start to the day! I agree, a lazy day on the couch, a good book, some comfort food and Catsey should do the trick.

Have you tried one of those malt flavored anti-furball gels? I forget what the brand in the UK is called, I use Petromalt here ......

yola
20-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Oh poor you Ang. It certainly doesn't sound like a good start to the weekend. Hopefully as it continues things will improve. At least young Kizzy is none the worse for her . . . evacuation!! :shock:

Kazz
20-06-2009, 07:21 PM
What a start to a day, Angieyou need a good book to read.
Can I ask is Kizzy still a little "smelly?" or has the problem being resolved.

angieh
20-06-2009, 07:56 PM
She is still smelly Kazz. I am finally changing her food to that recommended by the vet - Hills Science and once she is established on that if she is still smelly, I'll be taking her back to the vet.

calismum
20-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Poor you, rotton start to the day. At least the furball is gone and MIL is none the worse for her fall.

Be good to yourself today.

Phoenix
22-06-2009, 08:53 AM
Feeling any better angieh?

dinahsmum
22-06-2009, 09:13 AM
Well, I certainly hope the day improved .....

Leesy
22-06-2009, 09:30 PM
Oh Angie so sorry to hear that you have had such a terrible start to your day, I do hope that the day improved for you and that you feel alot better now.