PDA

View Full Version : In agony!!!

Elaine
15-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Have had to cancel thi dogs for the rest of the day as I have done something to my calf muscle, possibly pulled a tendon or some such idiotic thing, but it's bloody agony!!!
Serves me right for trying to run with the airedale, all of a sudden I felt what can only be described as a snap followed by seering pain.:cry:
My sister is gonna help me out over the next few days I think.
Coul;dnt have happened at a worse time as I am getting really busy now.

dinahsmum
15-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Off to A&E?
Best get something done, or at least get it looked at.
Ruptured achilles etc? ( hope not) need active treatment rather than just rest

angieh
15-06-2009, 04:12 PM
I agree with DM - go and get some treatment. In the meantime try an ice pack.

yola
15-06-2009, 04:18 PM
My goodness Elaine, if you felt a snap you really need to get treatment . . . that sounds nasty and couldn't come at at worst time!! :( Chin up mate.

Phoenix
15-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Hope you start feeling better soon elaine and it doesn't hurt as badly :(

dandysmom
15-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Off to A & E, Elaine, that needs looking at ASAP! It could be very serious; please don't try to be macho and tough it out. (((hugs))) chum!

dinahsmum
15-06-2009, 04:48 PM
I sounded awfully curt in my previous post - sorry Elaine .... just wanted to get a response in quickly and get you off seeking treatment asap.
Hope the pain is better.

pinklizzy
15-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Ouch Elaine! Hope you get some relief soon. I'd agree with the others that a trip to A+E is probably in order. Lx

Erin
15-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Spoke to my sister whos a sports physiotherapist (sp), she said it sound like a torn muscle. She said to rest it, use an ice pack for 20 mins every three hours and use one of those elastic tube bandage thingy (cant remember what they are called) but dont sleep with it one. She said to very gently move you foot so that you keep the muscle moving slightly.
She said that if you can put weight on your foot then its highly unlikely to be your achilles but if your not able to put weight on it at all to get to a&e. She even offered you some free physio sessions bless her.

Hope your feeling much more comfortable soon mate xx

Elaine
15-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Dr G has had a good look at it and says that I have over stretched it, rest, pain releif and compresses for me. My sister is going to help me the rest of the week.

MrsH
15-06-2009, 06:01 PM
Follow the doc's advice to the letter then! Plenty of rest, don't try to tough it out! Got any books you always meant to read?

Get well soon and look after yourself well.

:bighug:

dandysmom
15-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Glad you've been seen. That must be really painful, take it easy and don't overdo. What rotten timing just as you're so busy........

angieh
15-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Isn't Dr G your OH though Elaine???

Still if you can weight bear I think you should go with Erin's sister's advice.

Hope it gets less painful very quickly.

Elaine
15-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Yes sorry I was being a little flippant, Dr G is ofcourse Graham. G, being ex army and a body builder does know about muscle injuries and such like. He has also been giving me advice on proteint etc and made me a protein drink to help repair the muscle.

dandysmom
15-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Drat! That went right by me....... :oops: :roll:

smokytopaz
15-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Oh ouch! Rest and ice maybe then as you have been advised. No ice pack? Pack of peas is great as it bends round corners!

smokytopaz
15-06-2009, 09:27 PM
I meant frozen peas, still frozen tho! Ooops

Kim
15-06-2009, 09:54 PM
Poor you Elaine, hope you heal quickly.

Elaine
16-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Leg update, I am still hobbling around but it's not agony anymore. My sister met me today and walked all the dogs for me as I sat in the sun:lol: , to be honest I felt like a fraud. I did do some walking but it was taking it's toll a little. I actually think that my sister enjoyed it though.
Hopefully there will be an even greater improvement tomorrow and I can begin to get back to normal.

Moli
16-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Just take it easy Lainey!!!you do not want to do too much too fast...:roll: :?

Mags
16-06-2009, 05:50 PM
I hope your leg heals soon, Elaine......

Leesy
17-06-2009, 08:34 AM
Soooooo sorry to read about your muscle injury Elaine it must have been very painful, so glad it is a little bit better now, but do take it easy until fully mended:D

Elaine
17-06-2009, 02:44 PM
I managed a couple of walks today, I am walking better and can put more weight on it but with a slight hobble:lol:
It has rained since I got up this morning so also got soaked.:?

Leesy
17-06-2009, 02:51 PM
I managed a couple of walks today, I am walking better and can put more weight on it but with a slight hobble:lol:
It has rained since I got up this morning so also got soaked.:?

Thats great news, so glad to hear that it is alot better:D , not so great that you got wet though LOL:lol: