PDA

View Full Version : Ouchy!!!

Erin
13-06-2009, 08:39 PM
When I was younger, my elbow used to dilocate quite often. So often in fact the my mom and dad were shown how to put it back into place otherwise it would have been several trips to A&E a week. Anyway I grew out of it by the time I was about 5/6, its apparently common in children and one of my little sisters suffered with the same problem.

Anyway, I went round my friends earlier and was playing around with my god daughter, I picked her up to spin her around, and OUCH!! I knew instantly that my elbow had come out of socket (even after all the years I havnt forgotten how painful it is). I dropped my poor god daughter, luckily on the sofa :shock:

First thing that went through my head was to find my mom to pop it back in :roll: :lol:

Went along to primary care and had an hours wait, but they did give me a couple of pain killers to "help", fat lot of good they were!! Finally had it put back in, nearly threw up on the nurse who did it, and am now sat at home feeling very sorry for myself with a sore elbow :( (Im also sulking a bit as I was going to go out tonight :roll:)

Crazy that after 10 years, I knew instantly what had happened, just hope its a one off and isnt going to turn into a regular thing again!

Elaine
13-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Ph yuk, that gave me a sick shivery feeling reading that.
Not a pleasant thing to have happen. Hugs xxx

dandysmom
13-06-2009, 08:48 PM
How awful, Erin! Hope it won't happen again. (((hugs)))

Erin
13-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Me too Eileen, honestly I was such a wuss and sat there crying like a baby!! A young lad who would have been about 11 came in with a suspected broken arm, he wasnt making half the fuss I was :oops: :lol:

random
13-06-2009, 09:07 PM
Oh Erin I hope it was a one off! I totally sympathise, when I was about 9 or 10 I dislocated my shoulder when I fell off a climbing frame, it still hurts to this day if I do too much lifting e.t.c.

pinklizzy
13-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Ouch! I have very mobile joints so my shoulders dislocate very easily but I know how super painful it is! Hope you are feeling more comfortable soon.

dandysmom
13-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Me too Eileen, honestly I was such a wuss and sat there crying like a baby!! A young lad who would have been about 11 came in with a suspected broken arm, he wasnt making half the fuss I was :oops: :lol:

Different people have different pain thresholds, Erin. When I had to go to the ER when I first got a terrible flareup of arthritis (didn't know what I had, all I knew was that it hurt like h**l) I had to wait forever as it wasn't life-threatening or anything, and I was crying from the pain.

angieh
13-06-2009, 10:35 PM
That sounds really sick making Erin. Hope it feels a lot more comfortable tomorrow.

Erin
13-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Thanks all, Ill live :lol: Its feeling better now tbh, its more just achey now with the occassional twing and sharp pain, hoping it will be fine tomorrow, providing I dont thrash about too much in my sleep, I dont fancy a day at work in agony!! Will have to put the decorating we had planned for my service user tomrrow on hold though which she will not be to pleased about :roll: