PDA

View Full Version : Summer Ball for Cats!

angieh
12-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Do you remember Jerry and Eva's Wedding? :lol:

Do you remember Merlin's Tea Party? :lol: :lol:

Would you and your cats be interested in attending a Summer Ball???? Details to be thought up if enough are interested ..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Just for fun of course!)

dandysmom
12-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Oh yes, I remember both with a grin; Leia and I would be happy to participate! Sounds like a fun idea...I must search for a virtual tiara for HRH!

Elaine
12-06-2009, 08:08 PM
That sounds like fun, will there be games and dancing?:D
My two would love that, just depends on when it will be though as i wont be able to get them there before the middle of July.

pinklizzy
12-06-2009, 08:17 PM
Imogen would love to come to a ball!

angieh
12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
I had been thinking of setting the date near the end of July, as there is the venue to book, the catering to sort out and the music too of course. Would formal be good, or would people and cats prefer a theme????

dandysmom
12-06-2009, 09:25 PM
I personally like the idea of a formal ball. but up to the majority of attendees .........

calismum
12-06-2009, 09:40 PM
I've had a chat to Alfie and he would be delighted to attend (and he said I can come too!)

He thinks formal as he loves the new gown I bought recently :)

random
12-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Oh absolutely! Mine will come in pairs, as dates. :lol:

CathyW
12-06-2009, 10:06 PM
the boys will be up for that. ronnie says will there be any birds there. and i dont think he means the female variety. lol

dandysmom
12-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Oh absolutely! Mine will come in pairs, as dates. :lol:

Oh good; if Jo will bring Princess Harri we'll have three Princesses...definitely a formal ball! :D

alexgirl73
12-06-2009, 10:17 PM
oooh mine would love it, but the end of July is no good for us I'm afraid. We'll be in Scotland with no computer access lol. Hope everyone has a fun time and remember s to take lots of pics :lol:

yola
12-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Myshka says he's well up for it. Fifi and Balie will beg to be excused due to an overwhelming need for sleep :roll:

PoshPuss
13-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Posh is the ultimate party puss :D A bottle of Bolly and she's away! :-D

random
13-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Oh good; if Jo will bring Princess Harri we'll have three Princesses...definitely a formal ball! :D

Absolutely! :mrgreen:

dandysmom
13-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Leia says she will NOT wear glass slippers, but would like to arrive dramatically in a coach and four ........ such a diva!

angieh
13-06-2009, 04:43 PM
I was wondering who might ask Kizzy for a date?

dandysmom
13-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Dylan likes the ladies, Angie ........

angieh
13-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Young girls are quite fickle - she likes Anakin and Chester atm. If she had an exercise book, she'd have those two names written all over the cover with hearts etc. Girls!!!

We are discussing her gown - as she is getting excited. I have suggested pale jade to match her eyes but I expect she'd prefer cerise!!!

I shall be asking for volunteers to organise gown hire and catering ...........

Seeing as Leia has requested a carriage, would you be keen to organise transport, Eileen?

yola
13-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Myshka will be wearing his white tux to set his pale fur of and an orange/ochre velvet bow tie to match his eyes. He has trouble finding dancing shoes to fit due to the profusion of fur between his toes :shock:

He would be happy to supply glasses into which Posh can pour her Bolly :lol:

Phoenix
13-06-2009, 07:28 PM
I was wondering who might ask Kizzy for a date?

Dylan says he's up for it and would Kizzy like to go with him? :lol:

He'll be coming to collect her in his horse and carridge with a surprise for her :lol:

Elaine
13-06-2009, 07:46 PM
How about August? Are all kitties available for then?
Bernie and Eva are very excited. Bernie wants to come by scooter, he thinks he looks a bit like the ace from quadrophenia. Eva says she will travel alone in her space rocket which will be silver and very sparkly.

angieh
13-06-2009, 08:14 PM
Kizzy has a few available dates in August. Would that suit more people than the end of July???

dandysmom
13-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Any time is fine with us!

dandysmom
13-06-2009, 08:23 PM
Young girls are quite fickle - she likes Anakin and Chester atm. If she had an exercise book, she'd have those two names written all over the cover with hearts etc. Girls!!!

We are discussing her gown - as she is getting excited. I have suggested pale jade to match her eyes but I expect she'd prefer cerise!!!

Seeing as Leia has requested a carriage, would you be keen to organise transport, Eileen?

I'm happy to volunteer! Are there ample parking facilities at the site ...horses, limos, a motocycle and a jet plane so far! :-D ?

I've agreed Leia can have a carriage, but told her definitely no footman!! Too, too ostentatious!!

random
13-06-2009, 08:25 PM

Anakin would love to take Kizzy to the dance if she is still available. :lol:

dandysmom
13-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Anakin would love to take Kizzy to the dance if she is still available. :lol:

Speaking of Anakin, I'm loving this month's calendar pic of him! :D

angieh
13-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Oh Kizzy! - You Have Two Offers Of Dates!!! What a LUCKY GIRL ............ what a decision to make ................. :lol:

angieh
13-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Speaking of Anakin, I'm loving this month's calendar pic of him! :D

Yes, I put a little Hello at the beginning of the month for Anakin and Dusty!

random
13-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Yes, I put a little Hello at the beginning of the month for Anakin and Dusty!

Awww I didn't see that Angie, thanks you guys. :lol: :-D

angieh
13-06-2009, 10:26 PM
Sadly, no one spotted it!

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=32941

yola
14-06-2009, 04:20 PM
How about August? Are all kitties available for then?
Bernie and Eva are very excited. Bernie wants to come by scooter, he thinks he looks a bit like the ace from quadrophenia. Eva says she will travel alone in her space rocket which will be silver and very sparkly.

Mmmmm . . . Ace :lol: And Bernie will have his own flluffy Davy Crocket tail without need to remove one from a squirrel as our late 70s mods used to do :shock:

Elaine
14-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Mmmmm . . . Ace :lol: And Bernie will have his own flluffy Davy Crocket tail without need to remove one from a squirrel as our late 70s mods used to do :shock:

Exactly;)...

angieh
14-06-2009, 06:44 PM
OK ..... I digress, but I did start the thread!

Yola - are you sure they were REAL squirrels' tails? Our mods used to sport the most awful obviously fake things!!!

angieh
14-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Right now - here's a serious Summer Ball question ..... given that our little loves will not be wearing stiletto heels, would they prefer to have the Ball inside or outside?

I know some are inside cats and perhaps would prefer to remain so, but an outside setting could be made magical, with glow-worms lanterns and there could be a marquee for the catering. I am looking at venues atm, so would be glad to hear people and their cats' opinions asap - you know how difficult it is to get just the right place!!!

We also need to firm up the date!

calismum
14-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Alfie has checked his diary and will be free up until mid August.

He is happy with either indoor or outdoor venue. He will be arriving in his special sheep drawn coach and asks that there will be grass for them to graze until he is ready to leave.

He is very excited as he has not been to a Catsey event before.

dandysmom
14-06-2009, 08:01 PM
Leia is only scared of real outdoors, not virtual, so she'd be fine with that! CM, I am in charge of arranging transport, might have a problem finding a sheep-drawn carriage...would Alfie settle for goats??

Love the glowworm lantern idea!!

calismum
14-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Alfie would be fine with Goats DM. He has never been in a goat drawn carrage before!

calismum
14-06-2009, 08:14 PM
angieh - is there anything I can assist with?

Happy to help.

angieh
14-06-2009, 08:19 PM
Well, I could really do with some help in the catering department. Would you be happy to help with that?

yola
14-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Off topic a bit, but yes Angie, there was a competition amongst the mods in our school to see who could get the best squirrel tail. They weren't complete barbarians (just teeneage boys) . . . only roadkill was targeted :shock:

Myshka would prefer outdoor as his nose is greater than his intellect :shock: oh, and we're not here between 8th and 22nd of August . . . . the cats will also be on sabitical as Michelle who will be sitting them won't be allowing them PC access :lol:

calismum
14-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Well, I could really do with some help in the catering department. Would you be happy to help with that?

Yes, put me down for catering help. Just let me know what I need to do :lol:

angieh
26-06-2009, 08:55 PM
I've had a thought - would anyone care to volunteer to arrange the music for the Ball?

dandysmom
26-06-2009, 09:35 PM
Since ttis is a formal ball, will you want waltzes, pavanes, etc., or a mixture of classical with more modern music for the younguns?