PDA

View Full Version : We introduced Leo and Jake last night.....

janey83
10-06-2009, 11:04 AM
We introduced Leo and Jake together in the front room last night:shock: (they have known about each other for like 3 - 4 weeks and have smelled each other and things but Leo's a naughty boy, he kept attacking Jake from behind which made Jake do front flips all the time.

Jake isnt bothered about Leo but when Leo goes to attack Jake, Jake gets down on the floor then they scrap... Is it meant to be like that? Is one meant to be dominant over the other?

After a while they both settled and Jake sat on the settee and Leo on the floor, when I picked Leo up and sat down on the settee Leo wanted to attack Jake.

We left Jake downstairs last night and Leo stayed upstairs, but coz we are both not there in the day my bf has put Jake back in the shed for today and will bring him back in the house when he's home (other wise there'll be an injured cat!) they have already got cuts from each other.

Is there anythin we can do to settle Leo mainly?
P.s when they fist saw each other Leo's tail fluffed out like a foxes one... Ive never seen that before! Is it bad lol?

dinahsmum
10-06-2009, 11:06 AM
They sound like normal cats meeting up.
Keep half an eye on them to ensure there's no actual harm being done but they need to sort out who is top cat and where they stand in the pecking order.
They will continue to play-fight, which sometimes looks very real, for years

dandysmom
11-06-2009, 02:44 AM
Tail fluffing is very common when a cat is scared or angry. Yes, one will usually turn out to be the alpha cat; and play fighting is normal. Sounds to me as if it's going to be OK.

angieh
11-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Have you tried the scent mixing with a cloth - rubbing around one cat's face and then the other?

The tail fluffing (Christmas tree tail, bottle brush tail) is just to make the cat bigger and more impressive to scare off the other cat. Normal behaviour.

janey83
11-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah I did some research on the tail thing.

Erm, Leo's still chasing Jake when Jake's back is turned but now I think Jake's getting brave coz I saw him following Leo into the kitchen and waiting for him lol. Then I nipped in today just to check on them and Leo was on the settee arm and Jake started pawing Leo...

Also another thing, I thought cats didn't like sharing the same litter??? We have got two litter trays and they go in which ever one takes their fancy!!!

dandysmom
11-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Some cats insist on a private litter box, others aren't fussy. When I had three, they all shared one box ....although Misty got very annoyed when Dandy didn't cover up properly!! It was very funny: she'd stare at it, turn and look at me as if to say "Men!!!!", and then proceed to bury it before doing her own business.