PDA

View Full Version : If you like sardines

dandysmom
04-06-2009, 10:27 PM
This sounds like an interesting recipe; was in the Food Section yesterday. I think I'll try it, cut down to a single serving (I've gotten very good at that!) Takes a while to load.

http://projects.washingtonpost.com/recipes/2009/06/03/viudo-widowed-potatoes/

Moli
04-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Looks good Eileen, think I will give it a try, Love Sardines, although very difficult to eat them with 5 cats!!!

Leesy
04-06-2009, 11:07 PM
I agree to that does look good :D

dandysmom
04-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Looks good Eileen, think I will give it a try, Love Sardines, although very difficult to eat them with 5 cats!!!

No longer for me, Misty adored sardines as did Patches; Leia looks at them with a "yeech!!" expression! :-D

pookyandjo
05-06-2009, 03:14 AM
love sardines in this household too... i will have to try that recipe... it looks good... my standard prep for sardines is to mash them up with chopped red onion, salt and pepper, a little ground cumin and ground corriander, chopped continental parsley lashing of lemon juice and tiny bit of grated lemon rind and a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar.. and then make pan friend toasted sandwiches.. Cait likes hers with cheese as well... David with tomatoes and i like mine plain

dandysmom
05-06-2009, 03:32 AM
That sounds delicious! Another good dish to try, thanks!

Leesy
05-06-2009, 07:32 AM
love sardines in this household too... i will have to try that recipe... it looks good... my standard prep for sardines is to mash them up with chopped red onion, salt and pepper, a little ground cumin and ground corriander, chopped continental parsley lashing of lemon juice and tiny bit of grated lemon rind and a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar.. and then make pan friend toasted sandwiches.. Cait likes hers with cheese as well... David with tomatoes and i like mine plain

I agree DM, that does sound delicious as well.

dinahsmum
05-06-2009, 09:08 AM
mmm, fresh sardines.
One of the first times we went abroad was to Portugal and I have an abiding memory of the smell of sardines cooking on barbecues. This was the workmen, painters, people in the harbours etc etc, who stopped work at lunchtime, set their little hibatchi-type barbies going, cooked up their sardines and munched them with hunks of fresh bread. Yummy!

Kazz
05-06-2009, 10:20 AM
How odd DM I was going to say that my first, real memory of sardines not out of a tin, on holiday in Portugal...same sort of senario. I've liked them ever since. Will try both receipes.

dandysmom
05-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I've never had fresh sardines! There are some recipes for those on that page of the Food section also ...see if you can get to the full page, or let me know and I'll post them too.