PDA

View Full Version : A stray cat found us.

kado
02-06-2009, 06:06 PM
Just been to try to get my cats in and a little ct came up to me. Its very skinny and its nipples are very enlarged. I asked a villiager that was passing at it was seen near the villiage cricket pitch yesterday and it followed them and wouldnt go back. I saw it today near the school. I have fed it and gave it some milk(i know you shouldnt) could it be pregnant what should i do.

angieh
02-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Is she pregnant Jane, or do you think she's already had kittens? Perhaps Smudgley will be able to advise on contacting CP in your area.

kado
02-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Its been in our area for around 2-3days i just cant leave it. How far would they go away from there kittens

angieh
02-06-2009, 06:44 PM
I was just thinking of your village cricket pitch - are there hedgerows around there where she may have hidden them?

kelly-joy
02-06-2009, 07:01 PM
contact Sue at mymoggy if you google that your get to her site she deals with lost and found cats

kado
03-06-2009, 10:36 AM
Checked around where it was first seen for kittens but there wasnt any. I phonned the cpl up and they are getting some food to me. I possibly will foster it until its found a home or had its kittens if pregnant. What worring me now is that it is smaller than my 7month old kitten lucky and if its not been fed and it is pregnant what could happen

Leesy
03-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Soory I can`t offer any helpful advice but I really do hope that she is OK and everything works out well for her.
PLease keep us informed.

kado
03-06-2009, 10:51 AM
I have give it a name for now maisey. I will try and get some photo's later. Its such a shame if she has been dumped as she is so friendly. Just checked her over again and her nipples are large but have fur on them so if i now do think she is pregnant

kelly-joy
03-06-2009, 11:15 AM
I would feed her kitten food and maybe some chicken and rice to bulk her up ready to have the babies if she is preg.
if shes preg you will soon see them moving around inside her. I would take her to the vets to check her out and to see if she has a mirco chip.

kado
03-06-2009, 11:33 AM
I am feeding her on kitten food at the moment. Hopefully cpl are going to come and check it for a chip as well. I havent got transport at so cant get her to the vets but i will find some if anything happens.

smudgley
03-06-2009, 02:15 PM
I am feeding her on kitten food at the moment. Hopefully cpl are going to come and check it for a chip as well. I havent got transport at so cant get her to the vets but i will find some if anything happens.

Couldn't you get her to a vet somehow for a health check? I'm sure CP would pay for that if you asked them?

kado
03-06-2009, 04:12 PM
If the cpl dont come tonight i will phone them tommorow and ask. Otherwise will take on friday when i get paid. I have found a bit more about her. A neighbour took her granson to the park about 10-15mins away and she followed them back. She then took it back in the car to where she found her it just sat there with out a care in the world. A couple of hours later in walked in through her front door but it went for her blind diabetic dog so she let it out. It then went to another neighbour who let it in because she thought it was her cat. I first saw it at the school yesterday and didnt see it again till about 5 ish. She at the moment is asleep in a cat igloo. I have had a couple of hisses from simon but the other's are just going up sniffing and running away. I do want to keep her but need her seeing by a vet first incase there is something other than a pregnancy.

angieh
03-06-2009, 04:22 PM
I think that would be wise Jane. You don't want her bringing any ailments in to your group. She sounds as if she's desperate to be helped - going to your other neighbours too.

calismum
03-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Poor wee soul, I do hope you manage to help her and CPL are able to assist.

kado
03-06-2009, 08:14 PM
I will not give up on her she is such a sweetie pie. It seems that everbody that has seen her has turn her away and thats not fair.

Moli
03-06-2009, 09:16 PM
Bless you for taking her in, poor little girl sounds as if she just wants someone to care...

dandysmom
03-06-2009, 09:27 PM
Bless you for taking her in, poor little girl sounds as if she just wants someone to care...

I echo that! .....

angieh
03-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Yes, me too! Poor little cat.

kado
04-06-2009, 01:18 AM
She is fast asleep on the kitchen chair. If she wanted togo out i would let her she doesnt. She has something to eat(small meals but frequient) goes for a wee she is litter trained so far and then goes back in her cat igloo for another sleep. The other cats so far are not aguing with her at all which has realy supprised me.

dandysmom
04-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Awww bless, it must be heaven for her to be safe indoors, fed, a nice snug place to sleep and someone to cuddle her. I wonder what her story is......

kado
04-06-2009, 10:13 AM
She was or is somebody cat. She is litter trained for a wee the other i let her out and she comes back in afterwards. I have jsut phonned the neighbouring villiage post office up to see if any lost cats there but no. If she has has a little she will not have been mirco chipped. I think she has been brought by car into the villiage and left it happens a lot here. She is not a problem with my cats either. Its just a neighbour who said we dont need anymore animals. I do have a lot but they are all fed, watered and loved all the time. So i dont know whats it got to do with her she is being funny with us for different reason lately.

kado
04-06-2009, 04:27 PM
I bet you cant guess what?

dandysmom
04-06-2009, 04:29 PM
What an unpleasant neighbor! It's no concern of hers; your cats are cared for and loved; try to ignore her. Poor little cat. it's lucky she found you and has a second chance!

dandysmom
04-06-2009, 04:31 PM
I bet you cant guess what?

This came in as I was typing...WHAT ???

kado
04-06-2009, 05:16 PM
If she isnt chipped we will keep her. Cant take her too the vets till Tuesday though.

Moli
04-06-2009, 06:35 PM
I did have a feeling she would not leave you Kado!;)

jan
04-06-2009, 07:15 PM
Well done,Kado, lady after my own heart there. I found a stray cat years ago,took her home but she hissed and attacked my own cats so reluctantly I rang the cpl and drove her to a huge mansion with cats peeping out everywhere at me. She turned out to be pregnant, hence her having been callously dumped I suppose. That was twenty seven years ago now. Gosh how time does fly! Anyway,bless you for your kind heart J x

kado
04-06-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks All. I hope as did my 2 daughters and my son that she will stay

dandysmom
04-06-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm sure she will, it's obvious that she's been someone's cat, and she was looking thru the village for food and shelter, which she has now, poor little mite! I do hope she's not pregnant.

My Misty was a little stray kitten who came to my house many years ago; she was about 5 months old. I found out later that she too had been looking for food, etc. from other houses in the neighborhood. She died in her sleep at 19 1/2.....still missed. :(

Stephan
05-06-2009, 05:38 PM
We did intend `family` planning -years back. Just one cat-but others `turned up`

calismum
05-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Lovely to hear she'll be staying if not chipped. Pleased you felt you could give her the love she needs.

kado
05-06-2009, 10:02 PM
She is doing ok. Maisey goes to the backdoor and meow's and all she wants is to use the litter tray for a poop. I have to take every bag out as she ripps them she must have had to scavenage while she was outside. Her teeth and gums are ok and i have also frontlined her. She has gone off Felix adult and will only touch whiskas kitten. She is a little bit loose but i am putting it down to a better diet. (i am only given her small amounts but often). She doesnt pace or srat anything and she realy a lovely cat. My boys couldnt care less about her they just get on with what they want to do.

jane x

John
08-06-2009, 11:27 PM
My stray .Tommy. is now settling in..he hasnt gone for Millie and seems to accept she is number one..he is very friendly and if i sit in the garden he will come and sit with me..much to Millie,s disgust. she will walk away and sit with her back to me. if I call her she will make out she cannt hear me , but I know she can because her ears are twitching..kado. well done for looking after her, I think she will reward you with loads of love in the future..

dandysmom
08-06-2009, 11:44 PM
Good news all around: Kado's little girl, and that Tommy is settling nicely after the op! So funny about Millie: don't you love it when they are so obviously snubbing you like that with backs turned pretending that you're a non-person??