PDA

View Full Version : Update on Annie

Tink
31-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Well, we took her to my ferret vet yesterday morning. I have confirmation that I have a healthy 12 ounce bouncing baby girl:D
I have been treating her prolapsed rectum since Thursday night. For those of you who don't know this is common in ferret kits when they are not ready for solid food and are fed it and then they have to strain to go potty.
I've been applying Prep H to her bum twice daily, giving her lax twice a day, and preparing soft food for her every few hours.
The vet said I did such a good job she needs no additional treatment, it is going away on its own already:D
She is too young for her booster vaccines so Dr. Monroe said I could bring her back on the 11th when I plan to bring Baby Bear in for a recheck on his kidney values and we'll do it then.
I brought some poop in to run fecals just in case. Results will be phoned in to me tomorrow.
I also got her microchipped.
My vet is so funny, she cracks me up.
She looks at me sweetly and asks if it's okay if she shows Annie off to her staff and may she please get her picture taken with her. Of course I said yes:lol:

calismum
31-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Well, we took her to my ferret vet yesterday morning. I have confirmation that I have a healthy 12 ounce bouncing baby girl:D
I have been treating her prolapsed rectum since Thursday night. For those of you who don't know this is common in ferret kits when they are not ready for solid food and are fed it and then they have to strain to go potty.
I've been applying Prep H to her bum twice daily, giving her lax twice a day, and preparing soft food for her every few hours.
The vet said I did such a good job she needs no additional treatment, it is going away on its own already:D
She is too young for her booster vaccines so Dr. Monroe said I could bring her back on the 11th when I plan to bring Baby Bear in for a recheck on his kidney values and we'll do it then.
I brought some poop in to run fecals just in case. Results will be phoned in to me tomorrow.
I also got her microchipped.
My vet is so funny, she cracks me up.
She looks at me sweetly and asks if it's okay if she shows Annie off to her staff and may she please get her picture taken with her. Of course I said yes:lol:

Well done you - I hope Annie knows she's landed firmly on all 4 feet. Hope the faecal test is good result. It is great you found such a good vet - and you seem to have a great relationship.

??More pics??:-D

Tink
31-05-2009, 07:51 PM
??More pics??:-D

I'll get straight to work on that:-D

dandysmom
31-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Some good news, and aren't you pleased at that compliment from the vet ...well done!

alexgirl73
31-05-2009, 08:43 PM
well done you :D and deffo more pics :lol:

HappyKatz
01-06-2009, 02:06 PM
So happy to hear your new precious fuzzy baby girl is doing better! :smt041

Tink
01-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Thanks, guys. Fecal results came back negative today, we're in the clear!! :-)

calismum
01-06-2009, 07:55 PM
Great news - you must be happy about that.

dinahsmum
01-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Great news! Pets are so lucky when they end up with a knowledgeable owner.
Look forward to new pics

dandysmom
01-06-2009, 08:11 PM
God news indeed! Pics!!!

angieh
01-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Glad to hear that little Annie is OK and her botty is getting better. You do know a lot about ferrets, Tink!

Oh and yes, pictures would be lovely.