PDA

View Full Version : need help naming my cat

laura2009
31-05-2009, 07:03 PM
i have recently got a cat shes a tortise shell shes 10 months old really stuck on names can anyone think of any good ones

:mad: :oops: didnt think it would b so difficult lol

dandysmom
31-05-2009, 08:00 PM
My dark brindled tortie was called Patches. Taz, Muffin, Lola, Rosie, Matilda ?????

Welcome to Catsey, BTW, have you posted in the Introductions Section so we can give you a proper welcome?

calismum
31-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Hi there - mozzie (for mozaic), jigsaw, trio (if she's tortie and white), ...........

Phoenix
31-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Our family childhood cat was called Smudge (due to a black mark on her nose)

Our other tortoiseshell (lost her in november) was named Beauty.

MadCatLady
31-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Hello!!!

Remember what ever you chose make it something you don't mind calling out in public!!!

Rigby, also known as 'My iggle, My wiggle, My wargle & my woo' (don't ask!) now will not answer if I call him Rigby and much prefers me to make a complete **** of myself shouting his 'Pet' name out!! Just as pubs are kicking out usually.... :oops:

angieh
31-05-2009, 10:13 PM
When I was a child an aunt had a lovely tortoiseshell cat called Sally.

It's a very good point that MadCatLady above mentions - you've got to be happy going outside and calling her name!

I am sure that a picture would supply good inspiration!

dandysmom
31-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Yes, a pic would definitely help....we do love pics!

Grete
01-06-2009, 07:00 AM
I've had two tortoiseshell girls in the past, one was called Tortie (original I know) and the other was Harley (full name Harlequin) because her face markings were like a harlequin's mask.

I both love and hate naming cats as it takes me ages until a name suggests itself ;)