PDA

View Full Version : Cabrio Pet Cargo Carrier

pcspik
29-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Has anyone got one of these? I have been fancying one of those but I have not heard anyone who has one.

I am thinking of getting a top loading carrier, as Tigger is very hard to load, and I am thinking she may be easier in one of these.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, it is this one:-

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=327&pf_id=5536

(and yes, I have read the comments on that site!)

calismum
29-05-2009, 09:26 PM
It looks really nice. However, I have always had probs putting my cats in the top. They splay out their legs and turn into starfish. Usually have to end up putting them in head first through the front door while carrier on its side.

The one I have now has both top and front opening.

I find this really good, esp for vet visits. The vet or myself can lift the cat out using the top door. After examination the cat is usually delighted to go back in the front door.

If I can find a pic I'll post a link.

calismum
29-05-2009, 09:31 PM
http://www.petsathome.com/find/category-is-1+cat/category-is-1l+travel/product-is-V00558

random
29-05-2009, 09:45 PM
I have one and it's super and brilliant and the best carrier I ever had. JMO of course!

pcspik
29-05-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks. The trouble with Tigger is that she is an awful wriggler. She wriggles when she is having a fuss, vet visits (she wriggled when the vet was giving her the booster this year) and also if you are too long giving her tablet when worming (fortunately she swallows straight away). I can only clip two paws at a time because she wriggles out of me (and anyone else) holding her after a while.

Anyway, when it comes to putting her in the carrier she wriggles and puts her feet out. She literally pushes against the side and currently the only way to get her in is to have a small pushing match, which neither of us like. I have two carriers, one is slightly smaller (but is big enough size wise for her) than the other. One measures 57cm x 38cm x 38cm and the other measures 55cm x 36cm x 33cm. She has to travel in the smaller, as my other cat cannot fit in the other. I took to her booster in the larger one of the two and she was no better! Both are side opening rather than top opening.

So really I was thinking that perhaps a top loader was better.

dandysmom
29-05-2009, 10:42 PM
That is a really nice looking carrier. I don't think it would work for Leia, she's be out of it before I could lose the top. I use the tried and true method: upend the carrier, put cat in face down and slam the door!

John
30-05-2009, 02:47 PM
I have found the best way is to up end the carrier, and drop cat in backside first..and close the door fast..the look on there faces is something to behold..:-P

Fran
30-05-2009, 03:38 PM
I have two of these carriers as they are ideal for taking cats to the cat shows. However, what i would say is they are not very big, so if you have biggish cats, you may be better with a larger carrier

Elaine
30-05-2009, 05:15 PM
I have found the best way is to up end the carrier, and drop cat in backside first..and close the door fast..the look on there faces is something to behold..:-P

Thats how i do it too:lol: I also have a top loader which makes it easier to get the Diva into.

I have two of these carriers as they are ideal for taking cats to the cat shows. However, what i would say is they are not very big, so if you have biggish cats, you may be better with a larger carrier

I looked at those carriers but as Fran has said they are too small if you have a cat the size of Eva.

Grete
01-06-2009, 07:34 AM
I have to agree with the bum first method ;) Neither of mine will go in headfirst without risking serious injury to them, me, or the carrier. The carrier I have is a front loader so just tip the box up on it's end, slide cat in feet first and voila, boxed but surprised and grumpy cat ;)

dandysmom
01-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Face up never worked for me ...cat would clutch on the sides and vault out before I could close the door and promptly become uncatchable! Face down works for me...

random
01-06-2009, 07:23 PM
Makes me feel lucky that my lot will all go in pretty easy, most even of their own accord! I must NOT let them see this thread!

dandysmom
01-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Makes me feel lucky that my lot will all go in pretty easy, most even of their own accord! I must NOT let them see this thread!

Lol Random, count your blessings! Besides, I think they communicate via ESP anyway....... :-D

dinahsmum
01-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Shhhhhh - v*ts for the boys tomorrow - boosters and annual check up :)