PDA

View Full Version : Crisis to disaster

smokytopaz
28-05-2009, 10:23 PM
I wanted to have two pretty cats to cuddle and love. Koko wouldn't speak to me for five months, then I got Rajah and it seems to work.

Thats just background, and here is a little more.... I live in a town house, ground floor and two more on top. I live on the top floor and so do my cats.

I look after my very elderly Mum, she lives on the ground floor the middle floor being sorta shared. (Computors, paints etc.)

So tonight, Mum and I are eating in front of the telly on the ground floor when she said - OMG your cats just fell out of the window! :shock: Rajah had climbed out of the window on the second floor and fallen onto the patio.

He was vv scared and a lot shaken, but seems to be ok, he is walking ok and after a short sojorn under my bed is padding about quite happily.

It has to be about 20 feet he dropped.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well he won't do that again. :roll:

jan
28-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Oh my God, how alarming for you - one of my cats jumped from just below a top window of a house and he was fine. Could nt say the same for me tho! Tough cookie s and they reckon they always land on their feet but hopefully he has learnt his lesson! Jx

angieh
28-05-2009, 11:28 PM
OMG how scary for Rajah and for you and your mum. So very glad he seems OK.

dandysmom
28-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Very, very scary! So glad Rajah seems to be OK; they do seem to be able to cope with falls that would break bones if it were us! I presume you'll be putting in window screens? Or did he manage to dislodge one? Thank God he's all right.

CrAzy Mii
29-05-2009, 12:49 AM
Oh crikey!! Same happened today with our cat Mouser!! Although Dad caught him just before he dropped!! Hope Rajah is ok, isn't he the lucky fella!! :)

pookyandjo
29-05-2009, 02:43 AM
glad Rajah is ok ST... after all the work you've put in getting Koko and him happy... although.. i know with Harri being the bouncy energetic kitten she is... she seemingly has no fear..i am constantly checking to see whats she's up to... i dont remember George or Tinky being so fearless and mischeivous

dandysmom
29-05-2009, 03:14 AM
Well, HRH Harri is a ginger ........

pookyandjo
29-05-2009, 03:22 AM
lol very true Eileen.... yet another piece of the puzzle!

dinahsmum
29-05-2009, 08:09 AM
omg!
Just do a quick check of his mouth, to ensure he hasn't danaged his jaw or palate - but he sounds OK.
Well - they are supposed to land on their feet!

smokytopaz
29-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Well Rajah is fine, his usual bouncy self, scoffed his brekky and flew up and down stairs with his squeaky mouse, so no harm done. :D

I dunno, one cat who took all the persuasion of a very reluctant bride, and another determined to be part of the SAS! :?

yola
29-05-2009, 08:52 AM
I live in a town house too which I why I only ever open my top sash and not the lower one . . . thankfully my 3 daft fluffies are rubbish at climbing so they won't get out and fall.

I'm really pleased Rajah seems none the worse for his ordeal - I'd like to think it'll stop him from doing it again in the future but memory-wise cats can be a bit like goldfish . . . ;)

kado
29-05-2009, 12:57 PM
I am so glad he is ok. A couple of weeks ago Chester fell out of a tree about 6ft and i panicked but he was ok. We used to live in a flat and one day kado decided to climb on the kitchen window sill we lived on the second floor. The trouble was he couldnt walk backwards and just stayed there with several people watching him. I ran underneath the window and put the bin so if he fell off he would have far to fall. Luckly we go him in through the otherside. It didnt end there he ran down stairs ran across the road and a car missed him by a whiskers. I did have a go at the driver for driving to fast. I shook for ages afterwards and Kado wasnt bothered at all.