PDA

View Full Version : warm ears

TraceyCraig
28-05-2009, 10:50 AM
hi all
moses came in last night meowing strangely and she was quite unsettled she finally settled on the sofa next to me and her ears felt very warm ...now i'm sure i read somewhere this a a sign of a fever in cats but can't find where i read it anywhere............. is this true ???
She slept on the sofa till about 3am when she started meowing again and she then came and settled up on my bed she went straight out this morning when dh opened the door for the dog
thanks i advance
love
Tracey
xx

angieh
28-05-2009, 11:29 AM
I have also heard that hot ears mean a cat has a temperature, but I have also read somewhere that it is not a reliable indicator. If you are worried, then I'm afraid it's a visit to the vet to have her temperature taken. It sounds as if you think she is acting more unsettled than she usually is, in which case I'd phone the vet.

Mags
28-05-2009, 11:37 AM
Warm ears are not necessarily the sign of a sick cat, especially if there are no other symptoms. It is more to do with the blood circulation at the time and a way of regulating the temperature.

If your cat wasn't feeling well, you would notice behavioural changes, lack of appetite, sickness or discomfort.

Keep an eye on Moses, she may have eaten something unsavoury while she was out and it may have upset her tum. Has she eaten anything today?

CrAzy Mii
28-05-2009, 02:19 PM
Our Thomasina has always had warm ears!! She's never had flu though!! If you're worried I'd call the vets!! Hope this website helps http://www.allaboutpets.org.uk/factsheets/cat/health/cat-flu.aspx

dandysmom
28-05-2009, 04:58 PM
Is her nose cool and moist? Are her pads warm to the touch? If the answer is yes and no, I'd not worry if she seems fine otherwise. But if you're really concerned, ring the vet.

jan
28-05-2009, 10:18 PM
I agree with eveybody else, if she shows other signs of being unwell like general listlessness, off her food, vomiting and /or diarrhea (sorry one word I definately cant spell!) then a check up would be advisable but if she is well otherwise I would nt worry. Her third eyelid might be partly over her eyes too if she s under the weather. Jx