PDA

View Full Version : Finding the way home

jan
27-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Years ago we had a cat flap as we were out at work all day. An un -neutered but very friendly Tom used to come through and leave his scent sometimes, which was awful but we liked him anyway so it was a difficult situation. Then we missed him. For a few weeks. I was telling a friend who visited quite often and was mortified to hear him say that our Tom (who we named Jupiter but heaven knows why!) had been in his car one night unknown to him he had popped out from behind the seats yowling to get out and this friend had stopped the car and let him out. About 4 miles away and it was all a heavily built up area. I was so upset I could hardly talk to this friend as I would have driven the cat back - he knew where it came from! Anyway,it was October time when Jupiter went missing and December we heard a tap tapping on the shut cat door and hooray! He had found his way home - 6 am one morning! Completely fine but famished. Think I should have cat napped him, we moved a couple of years later and had to turf him out of the removal van, he was all set to arrive with our furniture. I am sure we loved him more than his owners. Amazing that he found his way home though, bless him. Jx

CrAzy Mii
27-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Awww Bless Jupiter Indeed:D

yola
27-05-2009, 08:12 PM
If it were me I would have been sorely tempted to make sure he stayed in the removal van and can 'home' with me (after having being neutered) ;)
Hopefully he found equally welcoming neighbours in the family that bought your old house!

dandysmom
27-05-2009, 09:19 PM
Amazing what a homing instinct some of them have. I'd have been inclined to catnap him also, poor boy.

angieh
27-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Ah Jan - I do really feel for you and that story as most of it mirrors our "Oz". Well, not ours and apart from your friend taking Jupiter for a 4 mile ride, the story is the same. We also had to leave him behind - the friendliest nicest natured little Tom cat I've ever met. I still think about him - 15 years later.

Moli
27-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Me too....