PDA

View Full Version : Murky Monday

Mags
25-05-2009, 09:48 AM
Morning all!

Looks like you are all having a lie-in this morning!:lol:

It's gloomy and overcast here with rain forecast for later this morning ......... where did that lovely sunshine of yesterday go?:roll:

Not a lot planned for today, more ironing and will probably do a bit more packing.

Cassie brought a mouse in this morning and let it go in the kitchen.....eeeek!
I quickly shut the kitchen door (I'd hate to think of it running loose up in the bedrooms:shock:) and she grabbed it again and flew out the cat flap with it. I managed to distract her which gave mousie time to escape....:D

Hope everyone has a good holiday Monday!:D

janey83
25-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Morning everyone.

I went to bed at 11.30pm last night woke up at 3 coz my bites from my holiday were itching from the heat of yesterday then got up at 5 and went to work. So now im very tired!

Its sunny and lovely and warm here, its gonna rain this afternoon though.

My bf phoned the vet about the black cat and its ticks, he said the vet may not have put enough on, so im gonna go to the vets and get the frontline stuff myself and spray it on him. Hopefully that will work.

Other than that I dont know what im doing today.

Have a nice day all.

dinahsmum
25-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi all. It's nice here after a murky start.
Was it hot in London at the weekend? ---- PHEW! Especially sitting in the East Stand, getting all the afternoon sun directly in. We had sufficient forethought to take plenty of sunblock, hats, water and light shirts, so coped with it; there were some lobster folk around though.
England won the tournament, with a score in the sudden death extra time. Hurrah!
I'll try & catch up with the weekends posts, at least to read them and know if I've missed anything significant.
Chester has been out, on his own, since his return from kennels esrly this morning! Eeek! I've just bit my lip and let him go; he's not an indoor cat and I can't keep him in for ever. He's fine, in and out happily and not staying away too long (= long enough for me to fret) I hope he settles to sleep soon so i won't have to monitor the comings and goings through the cat flap
Hope everyone has a good day

calismum
25-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Hi all

Overcast but dry so can't complain.

Spent ages this morning weeding the border and was really pleased with how tidy it looked. OH then wandered past with the lawnmower and the border was instantly covered in lawn clippings (I cannot repeat what was said!!)

Just had a bacon sandwich lunch and having a catsey half hour before going off to visit some friends.

Alfie usually appears at the window with a mouse/vole and asks in - he gets quite fed up with us all shooing at him from behind the safety of the glass!

Hope you get those ticks sorted janey83

dm, I'm sure he'll be fine, but I can imagine you are being quite watchful.

Enjoy the day peeps

yola
25-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Overcast this morning with even a drop of rain! We went to the allotment where OH finished the frame around the potato bed and I staked and tied the broad beans. The place was teeming - busiest I've ever seen it!

I have some blackfly on both apple tree and bean plants so have bought some organic spray to deal with it. We're now back in the garden at home trimming the laurel hedge and it's really, really hot with a cloudless sky . . . despite the gloomy weather forecast.

Oh, and on the way back we stopped off at the garden centre; feeling a bit peckish I bought a bag of spicy, deep-fried broad beans . . . HOW tasty?? Very!!!! :D

Mags
25-05-2009, 02:45 PM
The rain came and disappeared in no time.........Murky Monday has now turned into Marvellous Monday, blue sky and sunshine has returned!:-D

dandysmom
25-05-2009, 04:35 PM
Murky here and looks to stay that way; mild, 25C, but a 80% chance of rain this afternoon and will rain on and off thru Thursday....stalled front right over us. Odd how Memorial Day weather is more often than not rainy while Fourth of July is usually lovely... No news here: slept in, finished moving the rest of the houseplants outdoors.

Cassie was playing the "catch and release"game with the mouse I see; Leia's favorite game! She'll probably catch it again another day.. :-D DM, I do hope Chester has learned to stay close to the comforts of home! Janey, good luck getting rid of those pesky ticks!

Have a nice day!

jan
25-05-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi all, Horrible overcast morning here then a sharp prolonged shower,then just general miserableness while I went to Asda to change a faulty digital camera I bought not long ago (lucky I had the receipt) much umming and aaahing cus it was an intermittent fault and was not doing it there and then (how typical) but eventually changed it for another slightly better one for twenty one pounds more. Iceland and Aldi followed (what bliss... not!) and finally rolled home and the sun came out for all of fifteen glorious minuites. (so it is still up there then!) Now back to overcast - rain forecast and I am off to fetch my 40 Avon brochures in tonight so fingers crossed please dear catsey folk, no rain til I am safely back home! (and please please no thunder as I have a deep dread of them.) Britains got Talent on again tonight so will be enjoying a malibu and orange by then I hope (as long as its not thundering, then I will be in hiding!) Happy Bank Holiday! Jx

pinklizzy
25-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Evening!
I've had such a fab day today, finally made a start on my 'garden'! I now have a wooden trough filled with flowers as well as a metal window box with yet more pretty colours (hopefully) as well as planting some runner beans, tomatoes and lettuce in gro-bags :-D I've had so much fun doing it.
Now just cooking some holiday inspired dinner of Moussaka and baked feta, its taken hours but smells yummy-hope it tastes as good.
Will try and get some pics of my plants this evening or tomorrow.
Lx

Kazz
25-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Well home now and toothache still catching me out....took Sal out, had a bit of dinner but could't eat it with the toothache. Everyone again teasing me at work with icecreams...
Off tomorrow. Glad everyone has had a good day.

Karen

dandysmom
25-05-2009, 07:58 PM
That pesky tooth, Kazz! Can you manage soup? Liz, the garden sounds really nice; looking forward to the pics. Are you growing standard or cherry tomatoes? I have the first flowers open on mine today!

pinklizzy
25-05-2009, 08:10 PM
They are cherry tomatoes DM, they all have a flower just starting to open on them.

dandysmom
25-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Ah, we can both look forward to lovely fresh tomatoes soon (squirrel permitting, in my case!) :-D I wonder who'll have the first Catsey tomato?