PDA

View Full Version : How DO they do that?

cats' staff
22-05-2009, 08:33 PM
After a long morning dressed as a medieval skivvy and surounded by year 5 children (I have a strange job) and a drive back from Suffolk I got home early and greeted the moggies. Tolly promptly disappeared, probably miffed because I hadn't fed him as it was too early. OH and I have been out several times each calling him. We have a field behind the house and we have both checked lots of times- no sign of his nibs at all.
We were stood in the garden starting to get worried when Tolly appears- from the field!
How DO they do that?

dandysmom
22-05-2009, 08:45 PM
Lol, I'm inclined to believe PoshPuss's theory that there is a feline Hogwarts where they learn things like ESP, invisibility and the vanishing act!

CathyW
22-05-2009, 08:48 PM
After a long morning dressed as a medieval skivvy and surounded by year 5 children (I have a strange job) and a drive back from Suffolk I got home early and greeted the moggies. Tolly promptly disappeared, probably miffed because I hadn't fed him as it was too early. OH and I have been out several times each calling him. We have a field behind the house and we have both checked lots of times- no sign of his nibs at all.
We were stood in the garden starting to get worried when Tolly appears- from the field!
How DO they do that?
bet u work at kentwell hall.

Moli
22-05-2009, 09:41 PM
They sit and listen to you calling, deciding to make you wait and worry, then when you do not expect it, appear....All part of a cats plan to make us their slaves!!!!

yola
22-05-2009, 10:47 PM
Yes - I know what you mean! I check under the cars at the back of the house 1/2 a dozen times with no cat visible, and yet the cats will STILL come out from under the car . . . have they seen Cape Fear by any chance????? :shock:

cats' staff
23-05-2009, 08:11 PM
bet u work at kentwell hall.

Nope, not one of ours! I work across the East of England and sometimes the idea of working at just one site really appeals. I don't usually do the sessions myself but train others and sometimes the best way to train is to do. I was a Victorian housemad last week - life can get confusing.

pookyandjo
24-05-2009, 03:34 AM
I went shopping the other day and when i got home OH was in a mad panic because he couldn't find Harri ANYWHERE in the house... they are both indoor only... so he was beside himself that she may have snuck out side... (dont quite know how she would have done this when she has no opposable thumbs to undo door catches!!) but because he couldn't find her INSIDE the house... he reasoned that she was OUTSIDE the house.... anyway... i came home... he confessed that he had taken his eyes off her for 1 minute.. and poof! she had gone!...
I called... "Harriiiiiiiiiiiiiii"... and who came running? no prizes for guessing..... she she came out from under the recliner... he swore he looked there... and everwhere else...
i suppose it comes down the fact that THEY will come when THEY feel like it!