PDA

View Full Version : Found the same dog again

kado
21-05-2009, 07:05 PM
The friend who found lucky for us just came around with another villager with her dog Sam. Sam's owner had found a westie in the street to see if i knew it, well i did. A couple of months ago another villiager had found it took it in. I went around but didnt know it. She got the dog warden to scan it and it was returned to its owner this was about 7pm at night. In Feb i was walking to school to pick up the kids and the same dog was walking around the villiage realy close to the road. I went straight across to it grabbed its collar and a man came out said it was a relatives dog we wasnt quiet sure so a friend carried it home. It was the same dog within i realy do feel sorry for it as it keeps escaping at every oppotunity. I would dred to think if Sam's owner hadnt found her what would have happened to her. Owner didnt know she had escaped the 3 times.

angieh
21-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Poor dog. Another owner who doesn't deserve to be allowed to keep a pet.

I do really think it's time to debate whether to bring back dog licensing.

kado
21-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I totaly agree with them as well. I have found in the past 2-3 years. 1 stray dog(couple wks ago) A friends dog which was just walking down the street she was looking for him. A staffie whos owner didnt want him. 2 shih zus literaly just escaped. One elderley dog ran down the street., a great dane puppy, My friends dog who escaped through the catflap and and a lost cat last year. My villiage is a dumping ground for animals so that is why i support the bringing back of the dog leisence

alexgirl73
21-05-2009, 09:45 PM
I believe the dog licence should be brought back too, and a cat licence introduced! Too many idiots with absolutely no idea on how to care for animals, makes me so mad!

angieh
21-05-2009, 11:25 PM
P'raps we ought to start a petition?

kado
22-05-2009, 08:59 AM
I agree with you angieh are you going to start it then.

angieh
22-05-2009, 11:25 AM
I'll see if I can find out how to do it. I think there's something on the Downing Street website.

kado
22-05-2009, 04:13 PM
I would def. be with you as will others on here i am sure.

dandysmom
22-05-2009, 04:37 PM
I had no idea you didn't have dog licensing!!! Why on earth not?

angieh
22-05-2009, 04:50 PM
We used to have Eileen, but it was abolished in 1987. There has been some legislation and promises of "registration" since.

The old licence cost 37.5p !!!! and obviously cost more to administer than that. Only about half of dog owners had the licence.