PDA

View Full Version : Piano lessons!

random
19-05-2009, 09:30 PM
I am having Piano lessons! My first tomorrow, I am very excited, I have (self taught) learnt a little, I also play guitar and have a natural ear for music (so I am told!), I pick things up really quickly when it comes to music, I just had to share as I have wanted to learn to play piano for so long and have just got round to sorting it out! :-D

Mags
19-05-2009, 09:32 PM
How nice Random, I hope you enjoy it....:D

calismum
19-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Lucky you, I had lessons when I was at school and forced my parents into letting me do more 'interesting' things. How I regret that now.:cry:

I do hope you enjoy.:D

Elaine
19-05-2009, 10:03 PM
I envy people like you Random:lol: I always wanted to be musical, play guitar etc but with out all the hard work:lol:
Wanted to be the female Jimmy Hendrix, never made it:lol:
I do beleive i can sing though so maybe we could form a Catsey band:lol:
Well done and I wish you all the best with your piano lessons. xxx

Moli
19-05-2009, 10:05 PM
Hope you enjoy them Random, if you have a natural ear for music you should come on in leaps & bounds.....

dinahsmum
20-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Lucky you, I had lessons when I was at school and forced my parents into letting me do more 'interesting' things. How I regret that now.:cry:

I do hope you enjoy.:D
Ditto :( :(

pookyandjo
20-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Go Random!... I had lessons for years... still play now.. but stopped the lessons many years ago when it was more important for me to have (longer) fingernails than play...ahhhh vanity!

yola
20-05-2009, 09:27 AM
Random - well done! Hopefully you'll enjoy them :D a lot is down to the teacher and the rapport you have with them.

I learnt between the ages of 6 and 15. Most of the time I hated it (highly academic teacher + my parents forced me to practice)!! Last year I got a piano off freecycle and have been amazed at how I have got back into it.

Interestingly, I bought a kid's music book for Dominik when I got the piano and he's completely ignored it up until now. Just the other week sat down and asked me to help him learn. He's blown me away with his natural ability to learn the notes and his speed in learning to read the music!! Are you going to try and get Myles interested in it too?

angieh
20-05-2009, 10:39 AM
Good for you random! Enjoy it - music should always be a pleasure, not a chore. I too was forced into piano lessons too young and hated it. Yola has it just right with Dominik.

random
20-05-2009, 01:40 PM
Thank you guys, I love it! My parents asked me when I was about 5 if I wanted lessons as I was well away and my Nans keyboard apparently and I said no! I regret that now so much. Myles has already asked me to teach him guitar so I will have to get him a little one of his own. So, the next piano on free cycle I will have to see if I can squeeze in here somewhere, I have seen a couple so hopefully there will be another at some point. I learnt Violin as a child but found more interesting things to do when I moved up to secondary school so i'd love to get back into that too at some point, I wonder how much I remember!

random
20-05-2009, 01:42 PM
My teacher is actually a 17 year old who I met through church and he is very good and has been playing since he was little, we get on well and have a laugh too so I am very optimistic!

random
20-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Go Random!... I had lessons for years... still play now.. but stopped the lessons many years ago when it was more important for me to have (longer) fingernails than play...ahhhh vanity!

Oh I know the feeling, when I first started playing guitar I was gutted, I had them short for violin but let them grow and they were lovely when I stopped playing (when I was about 12yrs) and then I started playing guitar when I was 14 and had to cut them all off!

alexgirl73
20-05-2009, 05:31 PM
oh I'd love to play the piano. I can pick out tunes with one hand but I cannot for the life of me get the other hand to do the chords lol. I play clarinet (which Raechel is now learning) and Hayley plays flute. I think there is nothing nicer than being able to play some music :D I hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of it.