PDA

View Full Version : Finally a picture of them together!

pookyandjo
19-05-2009, 10:10 AM
Well after a few weeks of them getting along fine and even playing together I have been trying to catch them having a snooze together....I walked into my bedroom this afternoon and caught them in the act.... walked out to get my camera...walked back in and turned on the camera and George woke up (note to self... turn on camera BEFORE entering the room so the noise of turning it on doesn't distub subject!!)

the first one he doesn't quite realise that he's been caught
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu204/pookyandjo/harryandgeorgetogether001.jpg

this one he's sort of resigned to the fact that i have caught it on film...and is gazing out the window as if to say... " Whatever...I dont care"
http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu204/pookyandjo/harryandgeorgetogether002.jpg

angieh
19-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Gorgeous! Just a quick Q - don't cats suffer terribly from the Australian heat?

Harri looks as if she's "siesta-ring" for everyone!

yola
19-05-2009, 11:14 AM
What a precious picture . . . isn't gorgeous George, well . . . gorgeous!! Harri's a little cutie to but I'd be leaving with that super b/w fella if I ever visited you ;) :D ;)

pookyandjo
19-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Gorgeous! Just a quick Q - don't cats suffer terribly from the Australian heat?

Harri looks as if she's "siesta-ring" for everyone!

Thanks Angie.. re the heat they can suffer with the heat.. although our house stays fairly cool in the summer partly because of it's positioning and partially due to the fact that i run the evaporative cooling if we have too many days in a row of over 35 cel..
We are starting winter at the end of this month but this summer just gone was a shocker... day after day of 45 deg, at one stage it got to 48... and the overnight temps didn't go below 30..
One thing i have always done with my cats is wet them down... wet my hands... wipe my hands on them... make their coats quite damp... then they will groom themselves and get some fluid that way..plus i put bowls of water in every room..

pookyandjo
19-05-2009, 11:49 AM
What a precious picture . . . isn't gorgeous George, well . . . gorgeous!! Harri's a little cutie to but I'd be leaving with that super b/w fella if I ever visited you ;) :D ;)

lol Yola..if you ever visited you would be kicking George OUT of your suitcase... he just loves sitting in them...he's such a funny cat... as Cait says... the comic relief of the family!

Mags
19-05-2009, 11:57 AM
What a lovely picture of them both ..........George looks huge compared to Her Ladyship..:D

They both look so relaxed there...:lol:

dinahsmum
19-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Bet they cuddle together all the time when you're not looking! :)

Leesy
19-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Awwww what a pair of sweethearts, they are gorgeous and look so contented lay there together:D

Hope you know George may fall out with you now for posting them pics, you have just spoilt his street cred;)

alexgirl73
19-05-2009, 01:46 PM
so very, very cute :D I think I'm a George fan too.

Moli
19-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Thast a gorgeous picture of them both....

HappyKatz
19-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Aww that is wonderful how they are together! :smt049 George has such a cute face :)
I love how Harri is laying - all relaxed with a paw up in the air :cat27

angieh
19-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks for telling me how you keep your cats cool, Jo. After all, cats are cool anyway! :cool:

I do hope that as your winter comes in you get some decent rainfall and not all in a great woosh.

pookyandjo
19-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks for telling me how you keep your cats cool, Jo. After all, cats are cool anyway! :cool:

I do hope that as your winter comes in you get some decent rainfall and not all in a great woosh.

Thanks Angie... im hoping that we get some decent rain during our winter and not all at once...slow and steady does it.. but more than that... selfishly im hoping that Europe and the UK has a warm summer cause that's where i'll be spending my winter:lol: :cool:

random
19-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Oh how sweet are the both of them!

angieh
19-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Thanks Angie... im hoping that we get some decent rain during our winter and not all at once...slow and steady does it.. but more than that... selfishly im hoping that Europe and the UK has a warm summer cause that's where i'll be spending my winter:lol: :cool:

What do you do with George and Harri when you are not at home?

dinahsmum
19-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Jo - yet another report of a potential heatwave (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8057528.stm) for us this summer. I'll believe it when I see it and certainly don't envy you those temps you quoted, particularly the night time ones.
Has the Chillow (http://www.chillow.co.uk/2008/template/?_$ja=kw:chillow+pillow|cgn:Chillow+-+Best+Performers%2c+Chillow|cgid:915102137|tsid:50 85|cn:Chillow+-+Best+Performers%2c+Chillow|cid:40094237|lid:11797 8545|mt:Exact|nw:search|crid:3299574917&gclid=CJfL1sLJyJoCFZ4U4wodR2P33Q) hit Oz? I recommend it!

Kazz
19-05-2009, 04:34 PM
What lovely picture....gently gently catchey feline friend :)

Love the fact Australian cats like Harrri can do the horizontal dancing in the suns rays......:)

George is stunning they obviously get on well otherwise neither would be that relaxed with the closeness of the other....a firm friendship in the making I think.

dandysmom
19-05-2009, 04:43 PM
George is gorgeous!! And I love the way her Ladyship has her paw draped over her face. Had to laugh at your caution about turning the camera on BEFORE to avoid alerting the subject ...I had to do that with two of mine: Patches the tortie, and beautiful black Onyx my outdoor cat. Both hated the camera and fled if they heard the musical chime it makes when turned on!

When are you coming to the UK, and I too wonder who'll look after the cats while you're gone.

Oh, and more pics please!!

dandysmom
19-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Jo - yet another report of a potential heatwave (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8057528.stm) for us this summer. I'll believe it when I see it and certainly don't envy you those temps you quoted, particularly the night time ones.
Has the Chillow (http://www.chillow.co.uk/2008/template/?_$ja=kw:chillow+pillow%7Ccgn:Chillow+-+Best+Performers%2c+Chillow%7Ccgid:915102137%7Ctsi d:5085%7Ccn:Chillow+-+Best+Performers%2c+Chillow%7Ccid:40094237%7Clid:1 17978545%7Cmt:Exact%7Cnw:search%7Ccrid:3299574917&gclid=CJfL1sLJyJoCFZ4U4wodR2P33Q) hit Oz? I recommend it!

Thanks for that link; had never heard of it!

calismum
19-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Gorgeous pics of your guys. They look very reaxed and happy together. Both cuties, couldn't decide which I prefer so I'll steal them both!

pookyandjo
20-05-2009, 04:19 AM
What do you do with George and Harri when you are not at home?

Cait will be staying home and looking after George and Harri...plus going to Uni...plus ballet... Plus being a good girl!
Although when we travel with her I have a lady that comes in twice a day to to feed, do the tray etc... she stays for an hour each time...and will open/close blinds etc... and generally make the house look lived in... she just LOVES visiting and i often see her even when we are not on holidays!.. She leaves me a written report that details each of her visits and what the boys got up to during them... plus she sends them little presents at christmas.. she met Harri for the first time the other day when she called around to have a coffee... she is a God send!

pookyandjo
20-05-2009, 04:26 AM
Has the Chillow (http://www.chillow.co.uk/2008/template/?_$ja=kw:chillow+pillow|cgn:Chillow+-+Best+Performers%2c+Chillow|cgid:915102137|tsid:50 85|cn:Chillow+-+Best+Performers%2c+Chillow|cid:40094237|lid:11797 8545|mt:Exact|nw:search|crid:3299574917&gclid=CJfL1sLJyJoCFZ4U4wodR2P33Q) hit Oz? I recommend it!

What a great product.... never heard them...but they would be wonderful if they are as good as they sound... i might have to pic some up when we are over

pookyandjo
20-05-2009, 04:33 AM
George is gorgeous!! And I love the way her Ladyship has her paw draped over her face. Had to laugh at your caution about turning the camera on BEFORE to avoid alerting the subject ...I had to do that with two of mine: Patches the tortie, and beautiful black Onyx my outdoor cat. Both hated the camera and fled if they heard the musical chime it makes when turned on!

When are you coming to the UK, and I too wonder who'll look after the cats while you're gone.

Oh, and more pics please!!

Leaving Aust on August 10 spending a few days in Bangkok... (really looking forward to that.. going to the Tiger Temple.. so i will have some pics of REALLY BIG pussy cats!!)Arrive in London on Aug 14 and will spend the next weeks until Sept 28 around Europe and the Med with a couple of returns to the UK before we fly home via the USA.. eventually arriving home on Oct 14

angieh
20-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Corks! you don't do "holidaying" by halves!!!

Great that you have your daughter and a wonderful lady looking after George and Harri. Do you do a blog on your travels?

pookyandjo
20-05-2009, 10:52 AM
I haven't in the past... but last year we spent 4 months out of the country...(4 weeks away with David and Cait,.. then home for 5 weeks and then David and I away by ourselves for 13 weeks) and people were like... "do a blog" but i didn't organise it bbeofre i left so i just sent blanket emails to everyone who wanted to keep up with what we were doing... since then i have a facebook page so i will probably post status updates on that whilst we are away..
We have finally got Davids father on the internet... at 86 years old he decided that he was missing out by not having it so we will be sending him updates all the time as well as keeping in contact with cait... so it's really no bother to send out a few emails

as for not doing holidays by halves... everyone says that about aussies...lol... when it take 23 hours to fly from Melbourne to London... you really have to go away for a decent amount of time to make the long hail flight worthwhile!

pookyandjo
21-05-2009, 01:43 PM
What a lovely picture of them both ..........George looks huge compared to Her Ladyship..:D
They both look so relaxed there...:lol:

thought i'd update this... as of today he started his diet... as his IS HUGE... 7 kgs to be exact... went and bought the Hills R/D.. the goal is to get him down to 6 kg and then once he's achieved that... change his food amount again in an attempt to get him down to 5 kg

janey83
21-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Gorgeous pic, I want them both.