PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision Song Contest

Mags
16-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Will anyone be watching it tonight?:)

I'll be interested to see the new format with Graham Norton making his debut as commentator for the BBC after years of Terry Wogan's jollity about the entries.

Andrew Lloyd Webber will be playing the piano for Jade Ewen, I hope they do well .......the song has grown on me...:)

Surely we can't end up with nul points again this year .........can we? :?;)

MrsH
16-05-2009, 04:36 PM
I always watch Eurovision! I'm sorry that so many of the songs are in English now though, I used to download the lyrics of the Spanish songs and any that were sung in French and use them in the classroom to demonstrate grammar points. (Yes, I know, that's really pathetic isn't it!)

I have to say though that I don't like our entry this year very much, don't fancy its chances of doing well, but then I'm an old pensioner and totally out of touch!

angieh
16-05-2009, 04:47 PM
I shall try to avoid it - if there is anything else watchable on tonight.

I like your idea of taking foreign songs into the classroom MrsH - a couple of my Italian teachers have done similar things. Especially good if the tune is easy and catchy!

alexgirl73
16-05-2009, 05:22 PM
I used to watch it religously, however, in the last few years with all the ridiculous political voting going on, I haven't been able to stomach it. But as there is supposed to be a new voting system this year, I may give it a whirl :)

PoshPuss
16-05-2009, 06:51 PM
We'll be watching for the fun of it. We make a game of it, writing out all the countries and judging their songs, putting the countries we don't like in a bucket!... it passes the time :roll:

Will be sober tonight as on call and no alcohol will be consumed by me :(

Kim
16-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I hate the Eurovision Song contest and won't be watching, disappointed Casualty isn't on!

yola
16-05-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't think I'll watch it. It's a long way from the 12 songs I remember being entered in the past . . . much more managable that this marathon that now seems to go on for weeks.

I like Terry Wogan - bright presenter and shrewd businessman that he is, but I hated his overt racism and mocking on the ESC . . . but, having watched many of his TV chat shows; I suspect Graham Norton will be more of the same :(

janey83
16-05-2009, 10:58 PM
Hey all (Im back from hols)

Im watching it!!!
Cant believe how well we are doing!

alexgirl73
16-05-2009, 11:13 PM
well, a very respectable 5th :) Well done to Jade and Sir ALW, you may not have won, but you brought a little bit of credibility back to the show!

Mags
17-05-2009, 10:16 AM
That's more like it UK!!!! :lol:

CrAzy Mii
23-05-2009, 11:58 PM
UK RULES!!!!!! maybe 1 day we'll win again?