PDA

View Full Version : M&M`s Cat Pen

Leesy
15-05-2009, 09:35 AM
I have finaly taken some pics of their cat pen, so as promised to a few people I am now posting them.
The surrounding seating area is still work in progress but it will be nice when finished and planted up:D .
The fenced off area to the left is where the dogs kennel is for during the day while I am childminding.
The seated area and cat pen.
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww153/Leesy_photos/Gardenpictures007.jpg

The cat Pen.:D
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww153/Leesy_photos/Gardenpictures008.jpg

Maisy in the Cat Pen.
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww153/Leesy_photos/Gardenpictures009.jpg

Maxi & Maisy just having woken up coming out of the sleeping area:D
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww153/Leesy_photos/Gardenpictures010.jpg

View from inside the cat pen looking down the garden.
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww153/Leesy_photos/Gardenpictures011.jpg

Last but not least another pic of the seating area:D .
http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww153/Leesy_photos/Gardenpictures012.jpg

Hope you like Pauline, Maxi & Maisy Moo:D :D

ShorthairMartin
15-05-2009, 11:35 AM
Wow, thats amazing... I want that tree, its perfect :cat3
They look really happy in there too, and love the sleeping area, it looks very cozy. You have given me some good ideas hehe.
The seating area looks really nice and you have a very nice garden indeed, my OH is very impressed :smt023

Mags
15-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Very nice Leesy :D

I love the tree too and the fact that there are plenty of areas for M & M to climb, explore and kip!:D

angieh
15-05-2009, 11:56 AM
That's really amazing Leesy. "Cat pen" really doesn't do it justice - what lucky, lucky cats. Was it a self build?

MrsH
15-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Looks great, what a super place!

Leesy
15-05-2009, 01:11 PM
Wow, thats amazing... I want that tree, its perfect :cat3
They look really happy in there too, and love the sleeping area, it looks very cozy. You have given me some good ideas hehe.
The seating area looks really nice and you have a very nice garden indeed, my OH is very impressed :smt023

Thanks Martin,:lol: :lol: Sozzzzz but the tree is staying putt as I think I would have 2 sulky cats if that disappeared:lol: :lol: as they love it. Also it is concreted into the floor.
Glad the pics have given you some ideas, I thought they might;) .

Leesy
15-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Very nice Leesy :D

I love the tree too and the fact that there are plenty of areas for M & M to climb, explore and kip!:D
Thanks Mags, the tree was a good find on my OH`s part, LOL they do like to keep themselves busy exploring:D and then having a kip.

Looks great, what a super place!

Thanks MrsH, glad you like:D

Leesy
15-05-2009, 01:21 PM
That's really amazing Leesy. "Cat pen" really doesn't do it justice - what lucky, lucky cats. Was it a self build?

Thanks Angie, it was abit of both really, we had needed a new shed for a while so when we ordered the new shed we ordered it 3ft bigger than we needed to and asked them to build the pen on the side so that it was all one so it would be of a more sturdy frame and would have a proper roof on.
We then put a partition in and shelving for the sleeping area and indoor playing area, we then placed the tree inside and the walkways, and OH layed down the decking inside it.
It was alot of hard work getting everything just so but the cats do love it:D :D

alexgirl73
15-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Oh my! that is superb :D

dandysmom
15-05-2009, 04:32 PM
That is simply great! Lucky cats to have such a lovely place to enjoy the outdoors!

farthing
15-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Thats a really good idea, I have quite a few ( most) who can't go out due to medical conditions and was wondering about something like this. I would be so nice for them to enjoy the outdoors on a nice day, what sort of size is it?

Leesy
15-05-2009, 05:30 PM
Thats a really good idea, I have quite a few ( most) who can't go out due to medical conditions and was wondering about something like this. I would be so nice for them to enjoy the outdoors on a nice day, what sort of size is it?

The pen area is 6ft X 6ft and then the sleeping & play area thats extra on the side is another 3ft wide, it would be really nice for those with medical problems as they would get some lovely fresh air being outside and extra stimulas.:D

Leesy
15-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh my! that is superb :D

That is simply great! Lucky cats to have such a lovely place to enjoy the outdoors!

Thanks alexgirl73 and DM, they do enjoy the outdoors and so glad you like their gymnasium, as I call it:lol: :lol:

Kazz
15-05-2009, 05:37 PM
That is really good.....bet they enjoy it...Alex you could get your built in handman to do a run so yours could go outside..........

calismum
15-05-2009, 07:11 PM
What a great area for them. Loads of variety and different areas for them. You have two very spoiled and lucky cats.

Elaine
15-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Thats a fantastic cat pen, I love it. You've certainly put alot of thought into it.:D

Leesy
18-05-2009, 02:33 PM
That is really good.....bet they enjoy it...Alex you could get your built in handman to do a run so yours could go outside..........

What a great area for them. Loads of variety and different areas for them. You have two very spoiled and lucky cats.

Thats a fantastic cat pen, I love it. You've certainly put alot of thought into it.:D

Thank you very much Kazz, CM and Elaine so glad that you all like the cat pen:D , sorry it took so long to say thanks but I haven`t been on for a few days I have had my Inlaws staying over for a few days.

pookyandjo
19-05-2009, 03:12 AM
And i dont know how i have missed this thread... Pauline your cat playland is wonderful... very easy to see why
M & M love it...We have been thinking about getting an outdoor tunnel/run put in so George and Harri can come and go as they please.. but trying to work out how it will fit in with existing outdoor structures at this point..

Leesy
19-05-2009, 01:19 PM
And i dont know how i have missed this thread... Pauline your cat playland is wonderful... very easy to see why
M & M love it...We have been thinking about getting an outdoor tunnel/run put in so George and Harri can come and go as they please.. but trying to work out how it will fit in with existing outdoor structures at this point..

Thanks Jo, I also think that George and Harri would love one as well if you can squeeze one in somewhere for the pair of them.:D

borderdawn
23-05-2009, 04:01 PM
Thats nice Leesy, my Cats love being in their pen too.

janey83
23-05-2009, 04:06 PM
That is really nice, I love it.