PDA

View Full Version : Kizzy has had an exciting day!

angieh
10-05-2009, 07:57 PM
... but poor MIL has had a bad one. She has been very confused today and as a result was wandering about and left two sets of doors open with the result that Kizzy made a break for freedom. Luckily, OH and I spotted her and he went one way round the garden and I went the other. There was young Kizzy sitting in the middle of the path, but when she saw me, she scuttled back indoors very quickly, as if she was scared - of the outside or me I am not sure!

Prior to this she had seen next door's cat Smoky Joe in the garden and we had full Christmas tree tail (I'll post some pictures later). It was funny because she chased from window to window to see him and he took absolutely no notice of her at all! When he did actually turn (OH tapped on the window), it was Kizzy's turn to turn her back on him!!

Oh and she has also found her voice. It's a very small and kitten-like "mew"! She does have proper chirrups and prrrrps, but the mew is new - what a little sweetheart!

dandysmom
10-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Oh, that was very scary, your heart must have been racing! Thank God she ran for the house and not away. That's why I think it's a good idea to take them out on a harness first and wander the property and boundries so that if they should get out they'll be oriented and know where home is.

Leia does that racing from window to window when she sees another cat outside too, but no tail bushing.

That's sweet about her little mew...she sounds such a darling!

cats' staff
10-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Phew, glad she ran back in- sounds like Kizzy knows where home is!

calismum
10-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Wow - scarey moments there! At least she ran back home which is great.

I just loved the description of her baby mew. Sounds so sweet.

Moli
10-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Bless her, she is not as brave as she thought....

Phoenix
11-05-2009, 09:08 AM
That would have been scary! :shock: Glad she went back indoors though!

dinahsmum
11-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Phew phew!
You'll have to allow her to 'grow up' sometime but I understand your misgivings. I am the same - when do I give my runaway free outdoor access? Soon - but not yet!

Leesy
11-05-2009, 09:19 AM
(SCARY) So glad that she ran back in I bet your heart was beating like mad, LOL I bet seeing her going from window to window to see the kitty outside was sooooo sweet:D :D

yola
11-05-2009, 09:36 AM
Poor you, and poor Kizzy - reading that, not sure who was the more worried. I do look forward to looking at the loo-brush pictures

My daft Myshka did that - ran out into the front garden (VERY busy road) the other day; got terrified by a skip lorry thundering down the hill and promptly slunk back very quickly on his tummy back into the house :lol:

pookyandjo
11-05-2009, 10:11 AM
.. sounds like Excitment plus fo everyone at your place Angie...glad she was spotted and you circumvented her escape...bold wee girl!

Kazz
11-05-2009, 08:15 PM
You will have to bite the bullet soon, and if anything today proves a good point she is not silly, she did not make a bolt for it, that then bodes well; shows she will/may take her time get to know where she is....Maybe you should go out with her in the garden and call her often back to you......she'll get it......If she had bolted then you would have something to worry about...

angieh
11-05-2009, 08:25 PM
She has until this Thursday when from a veterinary point of view she could go out, but if at all possible I will be taking Smudgley's advice and keeping her in until Monday 25th May, when she will have been here six weeks. I have her harness and shall be getting her used to wearing it over the next few weeks. I think that Eileen's advice about taking her out and around the garden on harness and lead first is a good one - hopefully she will be able to get her bearings then. I shall be like a mother hen when she first starts "going out"!

(Kizzy's Christmas tree tail is pictured in a separate thread - When Kizzy saw Joe!)

dandysmom
11-05-2009, 08:34 PM
She has until this Thursday when from a veterinary point of view she could go out, but if at all possible I will be taking Smudgley's advice and keeping her in until Monday 25th May, when she will have been here six weeks. I have her harness and shall be getting her used to wearing it over the next few weeks. I think that Eileen's advice about taking her out and around the garden on harness and lead first is a good one - hopefully she will be able to get her bearings then. I shall be like a mother hen when she first starts "going out"!

(Kizzy's Christmas tree tail is pictured in a separate thread - When Kizzy saw Joe!)

My breeder friends cats were indoors only. One time a careless workman left a door ajar and the little Siamese queen got out...she was missing for three days and finally found cowering under the porch at the end of the block about 6 houses away...she didn't know where home was! To me, a very cautionary tale .....