PDA

View Full Version : Help!?!?! Urgentt Xx

matthewso585
09-05-2009, 02:57 PM
well..
i have a black and white cat, lovely natured! He sleeps in my old toys pram?! and lets me hold him like a baby!:lol: so i guess you could call him my baby!

the problem is, that he has been in a cat fight with a stray cat, YET AGAIN:roll: and he has an inflated gum which is really starting to look bad:( you can deffinatly see blood and puss in there but i have actually no idea of what to do with him or what!? he is also struggeling to eat now which is a big concern because i do know that he ADORES his food.

so please all replies will be taken into consideration and a good thanks to everyone who helps:D xxx

dinahsmum
09-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Sounds like the poor boy needs a dose of antibiotics, so off you go to the vet whilst it's still Saturday and before you get into Sunday rates!
Good luck

Mags
09-05-2009, 03:02 PM
If his gum is swollen and looks infected he must be in some pain :?

He needs to be looked at by the vet asap........ have you an out of hours vet number you could ring? If not try phoning the emergency vet, I would think he needed an antibiotic to clear that up.

Let us know how you get on...

pookyandjo
09-05-2009, 03:06 PM
yeah... sounds like he has an infection going there..it does need to be seen to without delay... apart from the pain he is obviously in if he is avoiding his food...if he isn't treated for the infection he will get sicker... not to mention him not getting much in the way of nutrients to help him keep his energy up and heal...

matthewso585
09-05-2009, 03:15 PM
ok thanks everyone! off to the vets at 4:00, soo will tell you all how he gets on! i knew it was something serious when he stopped eating! hahaa xx

Mags
09-05-2009, 03:17 PM
ok thanks everyone! off to the vets at 4:00, soo will tell you all how he gets on! i knew it was something serious when he stopped eating! hahaa xx
Good luck at the vets, he will feel a lot better after some treatment.

Look forward to your report later...:)

dinahsmum
09-05-2009, 03:24 PM
It might actually 'just' be a bad tooth and nothing to do with the fight? Anyway - the vet will sort it for you.

matthewso585
09-05-2009, 03:49 PM
yes you maybe right, best to get it all checked out anyway! haha thankyou and will update you all soon! xx

angieh
09-05-2009, 04:24 PM
So glad you are taking your cat to the vet. Do hope all is OK. Please let us know.

dandysmom
09-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Do please let us know how it went at the vets!

Moli
09-05-2009, 05:41 PM
Hope he is feeling better after his vet visit....

matthewso585
09-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Hello everyone, well went to the emergency vets at 4:00, thankfully they said its nothing to worrie about as the vet put some food out and he ate some! typical! haha, so he is doing fine, still looks very sore and wont let me look at it propperly, but he seems to be doing fine. The vet said do not put anything on it, we will give you some antibiotics on monday so that was about it! he is sleeping now as usual haha! xx thanks for all your comments helping me, will update my forum on monday and tell you all how he is doing! xx

yola
09-05-2009, 08:37 PM
If in doubt Matthew, it's always better to run things past the vet. I've found I've worried myself sick over nothing at all in the past and also have missed vital signs of illness which the vet picked up straight away.

I hope your cat responds to the antibiotics next week and is soon as right as he should be :D

Quick question - if he's a fighter, is he neutered?

matthewso585
10-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Yes Yola your all right there! he is neutered, but seems to still fight but only with males. He likes to protect the female's as much as possible. If any other cat is in our garden, he hates it but seems to go towards the female.

matthewso585
10-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Right, i have taken some pictures of the wound in his mouth, it dosnt look that bad but it is very yellow and red raw! i think he has lost a tooth!? not sure but lets see what you all think! sorry about the pictures, he wasnt too happy about me fiddeling with his mouth! xx
(as you can see on one/two pictures it is swollen)

http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/matthewso585/Photo0333.jpg
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/matthewso585/Photo0332.jpg
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/matthewso585/Photo0331.jpg
http://i466.photobucket.com/albums/rr26/matthewso585/Photo0329.jpg

dandysmom
10-05-2009, 04:32 PM
That does look painful! Poor boy, hope the ABs will help.

matthewso585
10-05-2009, 05:10 PM
yer i know, thankyouu, we will see tomorrow! haha, quick question, as i havent been on antibiotics alot, which ones are the best? such as mix in his normal food ect?x

pinklizzy
10-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi,
The type of antibiotic will usually depend on the type of infection they are being used to treat and the active ingredient usually affects how it is presented ie some drugs need a protective coating to protect them from the stomach acid so shouldn't be crushed or split etc. It's usually best to give the tablet in a small amount of tasty food so you can be sure that he has eaten it all!
Hope he feels better soon. Lx

Gumby Cat
10-05-2009, 05:38 PM
It might be Synulox, that's what Solomon is on at the moment. His dosage is a quarter of a tablet twice a day which I crush up and sprinkle on moist food as there's no way I could get it down his throat otherwise! It seems to be quite palatable as he obligingly hoovers it down with the rest of his food.

Good luck!

matthewso585
10-05-2009, 05:59 PM
thankyou pinklizzy, that really helped. haha same gumby cat! i had to put my cats tablets all the way down his throat. Lets just say he was not happy about it! haha x it probbably will be Synulox then! thankyou everyone for all your help and the good luck messages! x will update my forum and tell you what happends at the vets tomorrow! x

angieh
10-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Poor chap - I do hope it soon clears up with the ABs. Is he eating OK?

matthewso585
10-05-2009, 08:28 PM
thanks angieh, yes he ate and drank LOADS today which is brillaint, being so normal now, so i think the pain might be going, but still going on the ABs x

matthewso585
11-05-2009, 09:05 PM
hey everyone, well the wound has popped! somehow!? lol so all his blumming hair is stuck to the wound, anybody know what to do?!

kado
11-05-2009, 09:26 PM
Will he let you near his mouth. I would clean is mouth with cooled boiled water. If you are concerned i would phone the vet up and ask them what you should do. Loved is pics and i hope he is fine soon.

dandysmom
11-05-2009, 09:41 PM
I agree with Kado's advice. It sounds like a boil or abscess that has burst.

CrAzy Mii
23-05-2009, 11:50 PM
Please either ring or visit your vet or this could get VERY bad!