PDA

View Full Version : Mackerel is missing... :-(

janey83
07-05-2009, 02:14 PM
EDIT: He's back

Hi,

My brothers cat Mackerel hasn't been home since Tuesday 5th. They last saw him in the afternoon and he was breaking out of the cat flap:roll: and Tiddles was sat behind him watching, then Mackerel got out and Tiddles went out after him but didn't follow him beyond the garden.

My bro and Emma went out looking for him yesterday evening and 5am this morning while it was quiet but no sign..:(
So my brother has been out looking for him this afternoon again (I told him to take some biscuits with him n give them a shake) Ive not heard anythin from him so I guess he's still missing.:(

He's such a quiet cat and a bit scared, he doesn't like roads and people he doesn't know and he does get beaten up by other cats/dogs quite a bit as he's a softy!

They are worried sick.

I just hope this is gonna be another story like Chesters... A happy ending.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a166/janey_83/Mackerel/DSC01245.jpg

yola
07-05-2009, 02:18 PM
I do hope he's OK Jane. Early days - hopefully he's just shut in somewhere or hiding out. Also judging by Chester's adventure maybe they need to widen their search a bit?

Wishing you bro all the best and hoping Mackerel is home very soon.

dinahsmum
07-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Hang on in there Jane.
Lots of flyers, lots of posters, inform the vets - all that stuff

And don't give up hope - he may amaze you; I certainly hope so. You could be describing Chester's character - but they have some hidden strengths when necessary

angieh
07-05-2009, 02:53 PM
Come home Mackerel! Your people need you.

Moli
07-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Hoping he will come strolling in as if nothing has happened.....

PoshPuss
07-05-2009, 04:46 PM
What is it with these Ginger boys ??? a wanderlust gene maybe :lol: ;)
Hope Mackerel gets home soon for you, its such a worry.

Gumby Cat
07-05-2009, 05:16 PM
He could have got himself shut in somewhere, Janey. That happened to one of my cats some years ago, she vanished one Friday evening and then reappeared the following Tuesday morning looking grubby and smelling of oil which made sister Susie hiss and spit at her! I'm convinced she was inadvertently locked in a garage while the owners went off for a long weekend.

I agree with dinahsmum, lots of flyers and posters asking people to check garages and sheds, and hopefully Mackerel will come shooting back. I certainly hope so.

Mags
07-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Hope Mackerel will return home soon Jane.....

Leesy
07-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Fingers crossed for Mackerel`s quick and safe return, like previously posted I think he has probably just got himself locked in somewhere and is waiting to be let out.
Big hugs to you all X.

janey83
07-05-2009, 06:06 PM
Thanks everyone.

HE'S BACK

I knew I should of waited to post this thread but he has never done anythin like that before and no one has garages round where my brother lives, only a canal and a tram line!!! which is why we were panicking.

He's been beaten up buy another animal, my bro took him to the vets and they said he's ok, he's got a really badly swollen arm.

Leesy
07-05-2009, 06:14 PM
So pleased to hear that he is back safe and sound, everybody can sigh a big sigh of relieve now:D :D :D

angieh
07-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Glad he's home, sorry to hear that he's been in a fight. Poor boy - gentle cuddles from me. Hope he recovers quickly.

Mags
07-05-2009, 06:29 PM
So pleased he's returned Jane...:D

Everyone worries when their cat is out longer than they usually are ...... we are all the same and think the worst.;)

janey83
07-05-2009, 06:31 PM
He's got a really badly swollen arm, must of been sore for him to walk on! Poor lad.

Moli
07-05-2009, 06:50 PM
Poor boy, something has bashed him, glad he is back with his family now....

dandysmom
07-05-2009, 08:50 PM
What a relief! Why oh why do they scare everyone going walkabout like that!

jan
07-05-2009, 10:52 PM
Great news! I hate it when a pet goes missing. Someone on the road near to mine has put coloured posters on lamp posts round about for the last few weeks offering a reward for their cats return, the family and her brother missing her. Bless. I do hope she turns up. Lovely when its a positive outcome. Jx

pookyandjo
08-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Glad he's back Jane...hope his injuries aren't too serious and will settle down in a few days with some TLC, good food and drugs if required!

janey83
08-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Great news! I hate it when a pet goes missing. Someone on the road near to mine has put coloured posters on lamp posts round about for the last few weeks offering a reward for their cats return, the family and her brother missing her. Bless. I do hope she turns up. Lovely when its a positive outcome. Jx

Theres also been posters around where I live for a few months now, a tabby and white cat. hope they have found it.

They dont half get you stressed dont they lol.:roll:

dinahsmum
08-05-2009, 08:26 AM
So pleased!
Maybe the beating up will persuade him he doesn't want to break out again.
Home is best!

Gumby Cat
08-05-2009, 05:15 PM
That's great news, janey, I hope he soon recovers from his fight.