PDA

View Full Version : Naughty Felix!

jan
05-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Yesterday evening I decided to let Felix out without his harness on in the garden as he usually just rolls about and eats the grass and keeps fairly close by. It was still light but the shadows were lengthening and when I turned my back and got distracted by some weeds I turned back round and the little devil had shot though the bushes and was out on the golf course. Silly me,thought he would probably come back and called him over the hedge but nope, sat eating grass and had his back to me. I surveyed the mess that is directly at the back of my garden, before it slopes down to the lovely golf course grass,which Felix was now devouring. It s all thorns, brambles, and stinging nettles everywhere. The odd thorny bush, a few dead tree stumps, and pobably the odd adder or two. Decided to run in,grab a fork,a tin of opened food and a bag of opened iams. Shook them,banged the tin heartily, pleaded with him, no,moving steadily farther away and its now getting dark. Good job his white bits glowed in the twilight.

So,no putting it off. Wearing flipflops, a long skirt that snagged on every bramble, still holding all this food, (just in case he could be bought) I had to force my painful way through the stingers. And not fall flat on my face on the uneven -ness of it all. Grabbed him,even harder holding a wriggling humungous cat, a tin,a fork,a bag of Iams and negotiating my way back through the jungle. But I did it. Lots of swearing. Got in home, a bramble clinging to my skirt,a hole in said skirt, stung all over my poor feet, and bleeding from about eight cuts to the backs of my calves. Couold nt believe my feet were still stinging hours later in bed! I dont think I will be letting Felix out without his harness on in future. Its too bloomin painful!! Jan x:shock:

Mags
05-05-2009, 10:15 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry to laugh but your description was so funny, I could picture you well!!

What we go through for our beloved cats!! :-D

Moli
05-05-2009, 10:24 PM
Like Mags, cannot help finding your description funny!!:lol: Bad felix,:roll: why is the grass always greener on the other side???:?

angieh
05-05-2009, 10:33 PM
'fraid it was the way you told it Jan! I could see it all in my mind's eye. Sorry about your cuts and stings. It was a risk too far.

Tink
05-05-2009, 10:44 PM
LOL, i'm glad all turned out well but i guess you won't be doing that again anytime soon :-)

dandysmom
05-05-2009, 10:49 PM
I too couldn't help but laugh at the way you described it; although it was really a scary thing to happen! No more outside without the harness for Felix! They can vanish in a nanosecond if you take your eyes off them!

Leesy
06-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Oh dear Jan that must have been a nightmareish and so painful experience, these things our beloved little furballs put us through, it was funny the way you described it though so I am afraid I have had a little giggle as well picturing you in all them brambles:lol: ;) X.

yola
07-05-2009, 09:45 AM
Love the way you tell that Jan! Glad Felix is back home safe n sound but not brilliant about the stingers. Maybe consider growing some doc leaves close by for future such events.

Good incentive to get a a bit of garden sorting done though :shock: ;) :shock:

PoshPuss
07-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Poor Jan! it's a wonder he's not in a rescue cattery as we speak :lol: ;) Things we do for our mad cats! the annoying thing is he negotiated the thorns brambles and nettles without a scratch to get to the golf greens and probably would have done the same getting back home. As always its the humans who suffer! :D

pookyandjo
07-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Sorry Jan... had a good laugh at your description of events... Glad you got him back ok... although if it was me i dont know what i would have done first when i caught him... cuddle him or growl!

cats' staff
07-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Oh dear, I have to confess I laughed out loud at that- we have a ditch between us and the next door garden and I got scratched, stung, wet and very muddy trying to retrieve Smudge when we first moved here

She jumped back over whilst I was floundering in the ditch....... I hope no children were listening at the time and even Smudge gave me a shocked look 'language'!

jan
07-05-2009, 10:39 PM
;) Hya, can I just point out that its not actually my garden thats in that terrible state, its actually directly behind my hedge, and belongs to the golf course, its all the scrubland so to speak! Have been out many a time in the past wielding weedkiller, hedge clippers, loppers, but in truth its all the way behind a lot of houses and I am fighting a losing battle! Its where the ground slopes down to the golf course proper. I wish I had a magic wand that could eradicate it though, cus its a bloomin nuisance -mind you it DOES keep the golfers out my garden looking for their golf balls! :D Jx PS Glad it gave you all a giggle!!

dandysmom
07-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Hey, hope we didn't offend you by laughing, but you described it in such a graphic way that it was almost impossible not to! All 's well that ends well and as you said, it does keep the golfers away!

jan
08-05-2009, 09:40 PM
Hya there all,
good gracious, no, lol, I posted it to give you all a laugh!! I just didnt want you to think I am a lazy so and so re the garden. Felix jumped out the conservatory window tonight, but luckily my bf was round and he was on the case straight away, going out stroking him and bringing him back in with a bit of fuss. I just thought hooray! It wont be me getting ripped to shreds tonight lol. Any window slightly open big fat Felix is squeezing through. Its a total "mare" in the summer, (as my daughter would say.) Trouble is Fe is so daft he would trot up to the biggest rottweiler if he met one to have a sniff. :roll: Jx