PDA

View Full Version : Harness Training Cats

Phoenix
05-05-2009, 07:11 PM
I found a good link about harness training cats (checked with Mags that it would be OK to post and Mags says it is)

http://www.ehow.com/how_2057670_leashtrain-cat.html

dandysmom
05-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Very interesting, RCR, thanks for posting that. As a long time cat-walker I agree with everything except the bit of taking your cat to the shop to be fitted!! Depends on the cat ....... mine would have a hissy fit!!

angieh
05-05-2009, 11:00 PM
That's a useful article. Thanks for posting that link, RCR!

niki71uk
05-05-2009, 11:06 PM
:shock: prob too late for mine now lol,cass is just over one,an ive not managed to put her on a harness yet,she wont let me:shock:

dandysmom
05-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Niki, I harness trained an adult female (Patches) who was approximately 1 1/2 when I rehomed her; she had been an inside-outside cat. She would sit in the window and watch when I walked my other two; being a smart cat she soon figured out this was the only way she was going to go outside, so she went along with it.

niki71uk
06-05-2009, 12:13 AM
:roll: mines not like that lol,cant get near her to do it,ive had her since she was 6 wks old

why cant they make harnesses .so all u need to do is get there front paws in it an clip at the back,no putting over the head,or round the body

u know,like a bra:lol: :oops:

pookyandjo
06-05-2009, 01:49 AM
lol... a cat in a bra....bad mental pic... but i know what you mean niki

pookyandjo
06-05-2009, 01:54 AM
oh... good article BTW RCR... i have this moment gone and placed the harness in Harri's bed... so she will get used to it...and i have saved the artile to my favs so i can refer to it later ...

dandysmom
06-05-2009, 02:39 AM
:roll: mines not like that lol,cant get near her to do it,ive had her since she was 6 wks old

why cant they make harnesses .so all u need to do is get there front paws in it an clip at the back,no putting over the head,or round the body

u know,like a bra:lol: :oops:

Because they could slip out of it faster than you could say Rumpelstiltskin!! Can you post a pic of your harness? I don't understand why it's a problem getting it on her ...all the figure 8 harnesses I've used just have one loop that goes over the head and another piece that slips under the tummy and hooks to the top loop part.

niki71uk
06-05-2009, 07:20 AM
yeah it has a loop that goes over the body and one thats like a collar,if i cant get her even to put it over her body,i cant do the other bit,even a normal collar i have to do it when she's sleeping

she's too suspicious of everything:shock:

Darky
06-05-2009, 12:00 PM
Good link! C: I'm currently in the process of harness training Honey. He's just reached two years but is a very clever, laid-back little cat so I'm hoping for the best. He's just sleeping in it right now. XD