PDA

View Full Version : Sox-mad cat

dinahsmum
02-05-2009, 01:39 PM
The editor of the BBC website must have a soft spot for cats - there seem to have been a lot of cat stories recently
Here's (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/leicestershire/8030168.stm) the latest - Henry the sock thief! Enjoy!

angieh
02-05-2009, 01:50 PM
What a lovely, if embarrassing story! I wonder what a good term for a serial sock thief would be?

Saw on the same page that Pete Seeger is 90!!!

Mags
02-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Sam, my previous ginger boy, had an addiction for socks but he only stole them from my son's bedroom thank goodness! In the end my son gave him a pair of fluorescent pink (remember them?:-D) socks and Sam would take them to bed with him every night and chew on them ........they were soaking wet by morning!:lol:

He preferred them to any toy! :lol:

dandysmom
02-05-2009, 04:50 PM
What a cute story! My Grandma had an Airedale who stole laundry off the clotheslines and brought it home ....very embarrassing!

Mags, that made me laugh: the Cat, Mooch, in our comic strip Mutts has a little pink sock that he carries around and loves!

pookyandjo
03-05-2009, 03:19 AM
thats amazing... wonder how he gets them off the clothes line... unless there is an outdoor table or something that he cam climb on to reach the socks... which of course would require socks to be with in reach of the table... lots of different people having outdoor tables near their clothes lines... unless of course he's stealing from the same clothes line each time....which would mean that the particular sock owner would have had to buy lots of socks given that so many..(57 i think it said) had been pinched..
but then if he's pinching them from houses... that something else all together... entering houses... working out where the socks are kept... the cat must be a genius!
it's just mind boggling!