PDA

View Full Version : Litter box habits

dandysmom
30-04-2009, 08:35 PM
I've just realized lately that Leia only does one function at a time, and wonder if that's common. I sort of keep an eye on her after her bout of cystitis. Well, last week she went to the box and wee'd after breakfast as she often does. So, I was startled when she returned to it about 10 minutes later (of course, thinking, OMG she's having trouble weeing, cystitis!), but this time it was to poo. Looking back to my other cats it does seem that they don't do both at one time, although it's not normally the sort of thing you notice pasrticularly. So, a slightly indelicate question, perhaps, but what to your cats do?

Leesy
30-04-2009, 09:04 PM
LOL think thats the norm my 2 always do theirs seperately, in fact Maisy went in once did a wee came out and then went back in nearly straight away and did a poop:?

random
30-04-2009, 09:33 PM
You know what is really weird, I have 2 litter trays under the stairs and others elsewhere but these are the only 2 that are together, anyway, when I clean them up they always have poos in one and wees in the other, 6 cats using them and they all do the same thing!? But the other 2 trays in the house that are placed seperately have a mixture in each? Very odd!

calismum
30-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Now you mention it - as far as I can remember all my cats have only done one thing at a time.

How strange!

dandysmom
30-04-2009, 09:44 PM
That is wierd, Random.

dandysmom
30-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Now you mention it - as far as I can remember all my cats have only done one thing at a time.

How strange!

Well. two responses of "never both at the same time" isn't exactly a trend, but it does make you wonder why...???

angieh
30-04-2009, 11:22 PM
I am fairly sure that Kizzy does hers separately too!

dandysmom
30-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Looks as if we've discovered something here!

random
30-04-2009, 11:49 PM
I will keep an eye now, can't say I have taken that much notice before, I only know when they go for a poo they really dig for Australia in there.

dandysmom
30-04-2009, 11:52 PM
Lol. all mine have tried to dig to China, I think!

random
30-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Myles says they are 'burying their treasures'. Some treasure! :smt043

pookyandjo
01-05-2009, 01:48 PM
I will keep an eye now, can't say I have taken that much notice before, I only know when they go for a poo they really dig for Australia in there.

i'll keep an eye out for them Random... incase they pop up in my back yard!

As for George... he does his separately.. (as did Tinky)... but i remember the first night that we had Harri ... showing her the tray... and being suprised when she hoped in and had a wee.... then hoped out and walked around the tray twice.... looking for the "perfect" re entry point before getting back in there to park her lunch (or dinner as the case may be)

dandysmom
01-05-2009, 04:05 PM
So it would seem that they prefer an interval, even very short, between functions..... odd! I've had cats since I was 5 and never noticed this before!