PDA

View Full Version : grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!!

niki71uk
29-04-2009, 08:54 PM
ok here we go again,got new figure 8 harness for CASS,how on earth do i put it on her without getting clawed to death

one part goes round the body the other bit is like a collar:twisted:

http://www.4furryfeet.com/xcart/ANCOL-CAT-HARNESS-ANTI-SNAG-BLU-FIG8.html

she freaks when she sees it,i think coz i had to man handle her to get her last one on her:shock:

Mags
29-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Didn't it come with any instructions ...... or at least a diagram? :?

niki71uk
29-04-2009, 09:12 PM
:shock: nope lol,it has like a loop that goes over the body,under the tummy,and the other loop u can clip like a collar

yola
30-04-2009, 09:24 AM
You just have to take it really slowly. First get her used to the harness by just leaving it around. Then try putting it on her when she's absorbed in something else (such as eating). I always worked with the collar bit first whilst sitting on the floor with the cat between my knees. Yes, you will get a bit of protest but hopefully over time she'll get used to it.

Having said that - mine never did and used to sit down in protest once the harness was on and refused to move :roll:

Elaine
01-05-2009, 08:58 PM
I agree wth Yola, these things should be introduced slowly and in a possitive manner. If you stress or get frustrated then she will feel it and associate it as a negative experience with the harness.

niki71uk
01-05-2009, 09:01 PM
which is why i think im havinh problems with it lol,i ended up the first time gettingn her in the hall,all dors closed n wrestling with her,poor sod :lol:

Elaine
01-05-2009, 09:03 PM
which is why i think im havinh problems with it lol,i ended up the first time gettingn her in the hall,all dors closed n wrestling with her,poor sod :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That poor wee cat, maybe you need a few reiki sessions too:-D

niki71uk
01-05-2009, 09:06 PM
exactly lol.,i generally need her more accepting of things,if im ever gonna let her outside,:shock: or she may aswell be an indoor cat

Elaine
01-05-2009, 09:13 PM
Nothing wrong with indoor cats. My dear old Winston was an indoor cat for 21 glorious years. Is it just the harness that she is not accepting or does she have other issues? Some cats simply will not tolerate a harness while others grow to like them.
Any reason as to why she cannt be an indoor cat?

jan
01-05-2009, 09:24 PM
Felix is the only cat I have ever used a harness on - used to pop my daughters rabbit s harness round him when he was a kitten and then progressed to a proper harness. Dont actually take him out very often but I only have to rattle the drawer where the harness is kept or even say fe - walkies ! and he is there at the door waiting impatiently. I know he thinks he s a dog! I have a golf course at the back and he pounces on the flies, the leaves, whatever is moving, we have to run to keep up with him. Must make a funny sight - thank goodness we never met a dog out for walkies yet. Have tried putting a harness on Maisie my timid puss, and apart from getting clawed to bits she wont budge except to creep miserably under the sofa. They are all so different! J x

niki71uk
01-05-2009, 09:26 PM
i guess i dont like the litter much,i have 2 litter trays even tho the older cat does go out,but not often