PDA

View Full Version : Spoken to by police out with Stafford

Kazz
28-04-2009, 07:47 PM
I was stopped by the police, and spoke to while walking Sal today........why simply because we were causing a ...traffic jam on the pavement....:)ie Sal (dog) and I were surrounded by a school walking bus.....(you know where the children walk to school etc)...these were 3 classes of eldest infants walking to the local swimming baths....and as my youngest but one niece Molly was amongst them and lots of the children know Sal from the estate and my meeting my nieces/nephew from primary school...we were a bit "like custers last stand" Sal, and I in the centre :) Sal was in her oiltot petted and stroked within an inch of her life.....;).....the local poilce were passing in a car and stopped I imagine because you don't often see ....40 odd school children etc and a dog in the street without some form of a problem......and what happened, really spooky the police man recognised us (me and the dog) apparently his Mom is in the hospice we visit in our pat dog duties... did not recognise him..with his clothes on so to speak....and do you know what I never thought to take a picture...40 odd primary children, 6 teacher/helpers, two policemen. one chubby woman "me" and one well stroked totaly blissful Stafford in the middle.Good breed publicity on the hoof so to speak as the policeman said. Karen

alexgirl73
28-04-2009, 07:52 PM
I would have loved to have seen that :D Good breed publicity yes, but also excellent owner publicity :lol:

Kazz
28-04-2009, 07:56 PM
I would have loved to have seen that :D Good breed publicity yes, but also excellent owner publicity :lol:

She is a good dog, and well breed...just been told her sire (Dad) Ch Brystaff Simply The Best (Manny) was PTS either yesterday or today so have just emailed his owner and breeder with that info too...hope it makes them proud/smile...to know their breeding is "as true as they would wish"I was proud as punch of Molly too...informing the other kids and teacher on how to hold the lead and speak calmy and confidently.

Moli
28-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Brilliant Kazz, she is the perfect Staffie and does wonders for the breed....

Kazz
28-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Sheis far from perfect 10 minutes later she had rolled in something terrible and stunk to high heaven....I can feel a bath coming on...really proud of Molly though. Thanks you hear so much bad/horrible...stories of people dumping dogs, rehoming stories, ill treatment stories etc etc thought a nice "upbeat would be in order" very proud of my niece too as I swear she never listens...but she was telling the teacher how to be confident holding the lead and speak calmly and confidenty to Sal, but hearing her speak my words, spoken verbatum to the teacher was spooky "keep you wits about you when holding the lead you need to engage your brain & eyes" is what I say when they join me on a walk....she also told the teacher/policeman "Sal won't cross a road unless you look both ways first." Handy green cross code trainer dogs I think.Had my camera too but too busy keeping order lots of small hands and not all dog "sure"

angieh
28-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Sounds a very good meeting was had by all Kazz. You are quite right to be proud of Sal and of Molly too. We need more positives like that.

Mags
28-04-2009, 08:33 PM
What a heartwarming encounter for you Kazz, you must have felt so proud...:D

That story would have been ideal for the newspapers..:)

dandysmom
28-04-2009, 08:36 PM
A wonderful, teachable experience, Kazz. You're rightly proud of Sal and Molly!

Kim
28-04-2009, 09:59 PM
That's Brilliant Kazz. Sal is a brilliant example of her breed and you an excellent owner. :)

farthing
28-04-2009, 10:06 PM
What a fantasic feel good story, its so good to hear something positive. Pity it can be in the news to contradict all the bad news about staffies.

Leesy
28-04-2009, 11:05 PM
That sounds like such a wonderful experiene for everybody involved, know wonder you are really proud of Sal and Molly :D :D

yola
29-04-2009, 09:58 AM
It's so heartwarming to be reading that Karen! Have you thought of speaking to the police officer and maybe doing a localy in school initiative about dog safety/understanding of dogs?

You could, as mentioned, gain amazing publicity for Staffies in general and who knows, things could really take off. As you know I'm allergic to dogs and not a dog person at all, but I don't fear them and I encourage the boys not to fear them - but to show them and their owners respect.