PDA

View Full Version : Worming drops

jan
28-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi all. Can anyone recommend a good wormer for my four, given that Max cat is almost seventeen and not in the best health - I dont want to upset him in any way. I have used the drops on the back of the neck that are sold at Asda, Tesco etc the Bob Martin ones but I know they arent considered to be the best brand by a lot of people. I cant give them tablets they just wont eat the food and it s a total waste of time and I cant force them down their throats either! So the drops are a god send. But before I go and buy the usual bob martins I would like advice . Thanking you! Jan x

angieh
28-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Sorry Jan - I used Drontal tabs from the vet.

dandysmom
28-04-2009, 08:22 PM
I have used the liquid liver-flavored wormer that you just add to the food when I wormed Onyx. She just wolfed it down. None of my cats have ever been pillable.

smudgley
28-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Bob Martins spot on is not a wormer. :?

I would say try maybe milbemax from the vets - the tablets are fairly small. Drontal tablets are bigger in comparison.

Leesy
28-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Sorry Jan I can`t help you on that one as I use Drontal tabs also the same as Angie.
It`s great to hear form you again Jan and how are you all doing, and how is the old gentleman Max.
Hope that all is well Pauline, Maxi & Maisy Xxx.
(Maxi is doing fine as well, there is no sighn of any flare up).:D

dinahsmum
29-04-2009, 08:43 AM
You can get Profender spot-on drops from your vet - not available otherwise

jan
30-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi Smudgley, I probably didnt explain myself very well but have used Bob Martins worming drops for a couple of years now, they are so easy and cost about £4.50 per cat or per packet . My cousin told me about them originally and I was convinced they couldnt be possible and she had mixed up flea treatment with worming ! Its the same principle as the flea drops as in you pop a pipette on the back of the cats neck. Brilliantly simple. I shall probably go and buy some more of the same but the liver drops sound interesting. Pauline, we are all fine thanks, glad you are all too and Maxi is flare free so far. As for Max, he is 17 Today!! He s not had a birthday cake but loads extra food and he s just eating some more lol. Jan x;)

Leesy
30-04-2009, 10:34 PM
Awwwwww give Max a big birthday cuddle from me, Maxi and Maisy Xxx.

yola
30-04-2009, 10:38 PM
My vet went a bit sniffy when I mentioned drop-on wormers :roll: obviously not getting his 'envelope' for that product!

I can't help either I'm afraid as I've used drontal since day one and have somehow managed to pill the cats when required.