PDA

View Full Version : Friend for Koko?

smokytopaz
27-04-2009, 09:44 PM
I have found a local person who has Bengals for sale, now come on will this work? I think Koko needs a friend.... and this very nice lady has a six month old little Bengal boy - am I compounding the problem? Please comment!

Oh I took pix of Koko today, not very exciting as it was raining and the Photobucket would not play ball..... so sorry!

Leesy
27-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I wouldn`t like to say really as it could may well turn out to be the best thing for her to bring her out of her shell or it could turn out to do the total oppisite and make her worse:? :? , there is only you really who knows her well enough to know wether or not you think it would work fetching another one into the equation, could you have the kitten on a trail basis at first to see how she copes with the situation?

dandysmom
27-04-2009, 09:54 PM
I'm of two minds here. I think it might be good for her; Bengals are active, outgoing, playful and very smart. And being a kitten and male makes it more likely she'd accept him . Having another cat to interact with might also decease her uneasiness. But, there's the possibility that it might stress her ...... decisions, decisions!!!

My gut feeling is, go for it.

smokytopaz
27-04-2009, 10:00 PM
The reason I am consideing the wee boy Bengal is when I talked to Jenny it was about another cat she was advertising, and she immediately said no when I told her a little about Koko, and she suggested her Morph, who is about a month younger than Koko. So really almost ready for neutering.

I am off to see them late afternoon tomorrow, so all the advice I can get is great.

I know Bengals are bright, vocal, busy and very smart. Whick of course is why they appeal!

Moli
27-04-2009, 10:43 PM
Like the others think it may do her a lot of good, I had my Oriential Oliver on his own to begin with, then I got my Siamese, and now they are joined at the hip, always together....
Hopfully Koko would be the same with a new pal...

angieh
27-04-2009, 11:49 PM
As Leesy suggested, I wonder if the lady would allow a short trial to see if the Bengal boy and Koko may get on. I'd be very tempted to give it a go - could be just the right thing for her. Could ........

dinahsmum
28-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Very best of luck.
I did suggest this (with massive caveats) in my reply to your first post.
I think it is unlikely to be a neautral move - either it will be a fantastic success or a disaster. Lets all hope for the former. Will your friend take the little chap back if it doesn't work? I assume so. On that basis - what is there to lose really? (maybe your sanity for a few weeks but hey, who cares ..........)