PDA

View Full Version : Habits that make you laugh

Phoenix
27-04-2009, 12:38 PM
What habits do your cats have that make you laugh?

Dylan's taking to being very protective of his mum (me) when there's other cats around, particularly when I pick him up :lol:

He'll start growling at any other cats he can see as if he thinks the'll do something to me :lol: :roll:

Leesy
27-04-2009, 01:58 PM
LOL:lol: One of Maxi`s funny habits is when he wants to lay down on the dogs covers without them being there, he will circle around Zimba a few times then he will go in for the kill LOL, he either zones in on his legs and starts to chew them or his throat, Zimba gives in and moves and because he has moved Zara will move and of coarse Maxi with a smug luck on his face will settle himself down on a nice warm spot and proceed to give himself a really contended wash (bless him) :lol: :lol: :lol:
With the dogs watching on:roll: :roll:

Leesy
27-04-2009, 02:02 PM
One of Maisy`s habits that make me laugh is when she has a mad half hour in the garden, she will suddenly get that mad wild look on her face and in her eyes, her fur starts a flicking and then off she goes, she flies up trees, runs up and down the garden, jumps on anything that moves:lol: :lol: :lol: , there is no stopping her when she is on one:roll: :roll: :roll:

cats' staff
27-04-2009, 08:52 PM
Something in the lawn drives Tolly mad so he rubs his face in it with his bum wiggling in the air- looks so daft and I can't work out which weed it is!
Cleo 'savages' dandelions on her rare excursions in the garden and a big black cat 'bunny kicking' a dandelion is a funny sight. Smudge is far too superior to have funny habits (she thinks.....)

random
27-04-2009, 09:14 PM
One of Maisy`s habits that make me laugh is when she has a mad half hour in the garden, she will suddenly get that mad wild look on her face and in her eyes, her fur starts a flicking and then off she goes, she flies up trees, runs up and down the garden, jumps on anything that moves:lol: :lol: :lol: , there is no stopping her when she is on one:roll: :roll: :roll:

Mine do it in the house, sometimes all at once! :smt089

Leesy
27-04-2009, 09:39 PM

LOL:lol: Do all your ornaments have sticky plasters on to hold them together.;)

smokytopaz
27-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Every cat I have ever had has done the mad half hour.... two of them going from top to bottom of the house round the living room up to the top round and under the bed. For no discernable reason. Then they flop huffing and puffing going that were good!

Like us I suppose excercising or running with no prey in mind!

Cats + ornaments? Nay lass this is an either or situation!

angieh
27-04-2009, 11:53 PM
Kizzy has a very female "sidling up" - I'm having trouble explaining this. She sort of arches her back and walks sideways towards me or rubs along the wall. Her tail is arched over her back. She just reminds me of a little girl getting ready to ask a question - boys are much more straightforward.

pookyandjo
28-04-2009, 10:33 AM
George has this funny( read sometimes annoying) habit of crying to be carried up the stairs sometimes.. his nickname is crippled George...Hubby makes the joke that his little legs never grew properly because Cait used to carry him everywhere... and as a result.. if he doesn't feel like walking up the stairs he will sit at the bottom of them.. looking longingly up and cry .. as soon as you pick him up and carry him up... he stops...

Tinky had a funny habit wanting to be carried downstairs for his breakfast in the mornings... i would say..."brekky" and he would jump up on the bed.. stand on his hind legs with his paws on my shoulders and i would pick him up and carry him downstairs... (when he was younger he would leap into my arms).. another funny thing he would do was if i was holding him at any time... and try to give him to either Cait or hubby... he would put his paw out against their chest and push.. as if to say... "no thank you, i dont want to go to you" at the same time he would let out a little meow..

Princess Harri does this funny wiggle.... If i am laying in bed or on the couch.. and she is laying down on my tummy/ chest area... she wiggles like a worm to get up under my chin.. its very quick...and if i put her back in the orginal spot... she waits for a min or so... and wiggles up again... is very funny to watch.. the other thing that she does is she talks to her toys... she will bat them across the floor... and then run after them and talking to them... and she will sit there or laythere looking at them all the while "meow meow meow meow... differnt tones... some short, some drawn out.. some squeaks... its really funny... she is quite a talker..

mattde
28-04-2009, 11:06 AM

Yeah mine as well, about midnight till 2 is the crazy time for M&M.

mattde
28-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Next doors cat comes round every night to see M&M (get some free grub) My two cats find this very entertaining. They jump from window to window watching him in the garden. He just sits and waits at the door, while M&M go crazy trying to jump at him.

Sometimes I let M&M out so they can chase next doors scaredy cat out the garden. Its all a big game to them.

mattde
28-04-2009, 02:45 PM
I cant open my post without Myrtle flying in the room wanting to play fetch with the screwed up envelope.
Makes me laugh every time.

HappyKatz
28-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Our girl Sadee loves to play fetch with a specific gold sparkly ball. It can only be that ball.

Once the ball went missing because the other cats love it too so we bought a new but bigger gold sparkly ball & she looked at us like "What is this?! This is not my ball!" And she walked away...We had to search the entire house to find the old ball, so now we have to keep an eye on where her gold sparkly ball is. Silly girl! :lol: When she does play fetch - she drops it at either of our feet so she decides who gets to throw it for her next. Sadee is the only kitty of ours who will play fetch :smt049 She loves it & so do we :cat10

dandysmom
28-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Dandy had his own way of getting the lap when it was occupied by Misty or Patches. Rather than jump up and try to push them aside, he'd get on my shoulder then very very slowly slide down until he was sitting ON TOP of the lap occupier, who, annoyed, would leap off! Mission accomplished!

calismum
28-04-2009, 05:03 PM
If Cali is lying at the fire Alfie comes along and starts to rub up against her head. When she moves her head he jumps in to the space and then starts kneading at her chest. When she sits up he calmly walks into the space and curls up. Poor Cali then has no choice but to lie behind him. SHe is far to well mannered to try the same thing, although she does always have a 'how did that happen' look on her face!