PDA

View Full Version : Come under my wing little kittens

smudgley
22-04-2009, 10:40 PM
I've been watching some broody hens behaviour videos on you tube & found this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfhknthKeZM

random
22-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Well that set my dogs off! :shock:

Bless her, she really doesn't want to be taken away from them does she!

angieh
22-04-2009, 10:43 PM
That is so sweet. The kitten was only a couple of days old, would you say? Wonder what happened to mother cat.

Mags
22-04-2009, 10:43 PM
How amazing is that!! :shock: :D

Moli
22-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Well that set my dogs off! :shock:

Bless her, she really doesn't want to be taken away from them does she!
Mine too:lol: :lol:

Thats so lovely.....:)

random
22-04-2009, 10:46 PM
That is so sweet. The kitten was only a couple of days old, would you say? Wonder what happened to mother cat.

Looks about a week - 10 days to me walking about like that, just at eye opening stage.

Maybe mum cat is there and they were just letting henny penny borrow them for the vid?

alexgirl73
22-04-2009, 10:55 PM
how cute! Did anyone look at the other vids? Of the mummy cat who adopted the orphaned baby squirrels and the other one who adopted a baby bunny!

smudgley
22-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Isn't it amazing that so many species will do so much to look after their young & even mother other creatures, it almost brings a tear to your eye when you stop and think about it. My hen was loving her dummy eggs & rolling them underneath her, I've never seen it before & it's totally amazing how nature tells them what their natural instincts should be.

Bless every mother and surrogate mother on this earth. :)

Moli
22-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Isn't it amazing that so many species will do so much to look after their young & even mother other creatures, it almost brings a tear to your eye when you stop and think about it. My hen was loving her dummy eggs & rolling them underneath her, I've never seen it before & it's totally amazing how nature tells them what their natural instincts should be.

Bless every mother and surrogate mother on this earth. :)
Alwayys think animals have got it spot on, the way they look after young....:)

dandysmom
22-04-2009, 11:57 PM
Alwayys think animals have got it spot on, the way they look after young....:)

I do agree, Pat, we've gotten to far from our roots sometimes..:(

We've had two recent cases of abandoned newborns here recently, and one heartbreaking one of a dead newborn in a dumpster .....:(

random
23-04-2009, 12:04 AM
I do agree, Pat, we've gotten to far from our roots sometimes..:(

We've had two recent cases of abandoned newborns here recently, and one heartbreaking one of a dead newborn in a dumpster .....:(

Oh how sad Eileen, still I feel it's worse in China where dead babies can be seen in the street and people walk on by as if it's rubbish. :shock:

http://www.taliacarner.com/deadnewborningutter.html

dandysmom
23-04-2009, 02:24 AM
Oh how sad Eileen, still I feel it's worse in China where dead babies can be seen in the street and people walk on by as if it's rubbish. :shock:

http://www.taliacarner.com/deadnewborningutter.html

:shock: OMG, that'd horrible. And we have "Safe Haven" laws in many States where an unwanted newborn can be left at a hospital , fire station or other designated place within a reasonable time after birth with no threat whatsoever of prosecution of the mother .......