PDA

View Full Version : Susan Boyle - Britain's Got Talent

angieh
22-04-2009, 10:45 AM
I am surprised no-one has linked this yet on the forum. I have played this again and still get the shivers when this lady starts singing. The ultimate really in you can't tell a book by it's cover. The looks on the panels' faces and people in the audience are just wonderful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z0h1NNk1Ik

janey83
22-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Yeah it gave me goosebumps. She was really good, hope she goes far.

dandysmom
22-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Surprisingly this has gotten heavy coverage here in the States...on TV and in the papers. What a Cinderella story; she sings like an angel!

yola
22-04-2009, 05:15 PM
It actually brought tears to my eyes - not just the voice but the whole situation; and the fact that those smooth, wealthy and arrogant people sitting in judgement were exchanging sarky looks before she opened her mouth and subsequently got completely stopped in their tracks is totally priceless.

PoshPuss
22-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Hear Hear! :D it was a classic sucker moment for those in the audience.
I heard her sing Cry Me a River (also on youtube) and got the shivers ,she's no one hit wonder... a hidden gem for years.

calismum
22-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Fantastic singer, I too had goosebumps. Sad story, but hopefully life will improve 100% for her now. Just hope she will not be exploited as she is just so natural and prhaps a bit naive.

Kim
22-04-2009, 08:21 PM
I agree with everyone else. Amazing singer, seems a lovely, genuine person, I really hopes she gets to fulfill her dream. I did read that Simon Cowell is in talks with her about a record deal, hope that's true, I would buy her CD.

alexgirl73
22-04-2009, 08:30 PM
The very best of luck to her :D Beautiful voice.

ozgirl
14-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Yep - I'd buy one too! Her voice is beautiful!

So... all you UKers - where's the competition stand now? I don't know much about when it's on, how it works, etc...

Leesy
14-05-2009, 07:47 PM
WOW what a voice, I have not been watching it this year so I have not heard her before, think she will go far with that voice.

angieh
14-05-2009, 08:25 PM
Ozgirl - I don't actually watch this programme regularly, but I asked my OH and he says it is still in the heat stage atm. There was an amazing chap on last week. I'll see if I can find that on YouTube - another totally unexpected voice!